Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam’s One Step

Nathan

Question

Hey guys, if any of you remember me, it’s been a while, business is booming!

In your experience how long does the protection last, does it remove swirls effectively, and does it contain fillers?

Thanks, 

Nate

5 answers to this question

A one step polish will never equal the performance of standalone products. It won’t correct as well or seal as well. 

In my opinion one step products are aimed at detailers who are maximizing time when we detail for dollars. It’s an acceptable way to give the appearance to satisfy most customers while saving steps. 

Durability is affected by many factors. Mileage, storage, environment to name a few. I would assume a few months of durability is reasonable. 

5 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

A one step polish will never equal the performance of standalone products. It won’t correct as well or seal as well. 

In my opinion one step products are aimed at detailers who are maximizing time when we detail for dollars. It’s an acceptable way to give the appearance to satisfy most customers while saving steps. 

Durability is affected by many factors. Mileage, storage, environment to name a few. I would assume a few months of durability is reasonable. 

I know it will never be as good, but the cheap guys want a cheaper service so I’ll give them this, debating on using this or HD Speed?

I have to agree with Shane on this one.  I used both today, I noticed with the Blue Pad and Microfiber Cutting the One Step doesn't work very well.  With the White finishing pad I felt that it would work good. I see for certain times it working good, like my truck that has been paint corrected right now just has minor swirls it would work great.

5 hours ago, Nathan said:

I know it will never be as good, but the cheap guys want a cheaper service so I’ll give them this, debating on using this or HD Speed?

We use a different one step polish than both listed here. The one step has its place. And for us it’s keeping service affordable for most. That being said, we always put a spray topper over it for better durability. 

My advice is to try a couple of products and see what you like. We sample products often to form our own opinions. 

13 hours ago, Nathan said:

I tried HD speed and didn’t care for it. I have an 8oz bottle that has maybe 8-10 drops out of it. I’ll gladly trade to something for it. I e used adsms one step and for me it worked better. I did a small write up on it with using different pads to see how it effected cut and finishing capabilities.