Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400
  • 0

Ceramic Boost - opinions?


VetteDream
 Share

Question

After coating my car with Adam’s Paint Coating, I am not enthused by Ceramic Boost.  Admittedly, I likely used too much on the first application after coating.  I found it difficult to work with, even though I waited 24 hours before applying the Boost.   After touching up a couple of high spots and streaky spots with BG and finish polish, I used very light sprays of the Boost.  It still leaves some streaks and is more difficult than other products to remove.  My thought is that this is one Adam’s product where it takes a lot of wiping with a MF to get it off.  It is tacky on the MF towel when wiping.  That would make it seem more likely to introduce scratches with dust and/or working the towel.  I am wondering what others think of Ceramic Boost, as I have yet use it in a maintenance capacity following washes.    

 

EDIT: Sorry for the duplicative post as Cedric asked a similar questions below.  There is good info for me in that thread and I should have added to that.

Edited by VetteDream
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

If you search around, I think you’ll find the majority of us agree with your assessment. I say you’re spot on. But, the reviews are rave! It’s just the ease of use. Is it possible to fix that without altering what the product is?  IDK. I’m guessing not. The adam’s Guys are on here regularly so they see the comments about the boost, so my unsupported guess would be that it’s difficlut to alter that quality without changing what the product does. If that’s the worst thing I have to deal with......

 

first world problems, right? 

Edited by galaxy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
20 hours ago, VetteDream said:

After coating my car with Adam’s Paint Coating, I am not enthused by Ceramic Boost.  Admittedly, I likely used too much on the first application after coating.  I found it difficult to work with, even though I waited 24 hours before applying the Boost.   After touching up a couple of high spots and streaky spots with BG and finish polish, I used very light sprays of the Boost.  It still leaves some streaks and is more difficult than other products to remove.  My thought is that this is one Adam’s product where it takes a lot of wiping with a MF to get it off.  It is tacky on the MF towel when wiping.  That would make it seem more likely to introduce scratches with dust and/or working the towel.  I am wondering what others think of Ceramic Boost, as I have yet use it in a maintenance capacity following washes.    

 

EDIT: Sorry for the duplicative post as Cedric asked a similar questions below.  There is good info for me in that thread and I should have added to that.

Hey Todd,

I think you hit the nail on the head, you used too much product. Next time try using less and I think that you will see a big difference.

I personally LOVE our CB!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Chris can you confirm in Ceramic Boost is a new formula?  I have a newer bottle with a February date,  it says it safe for glass etc... it works on glass fine and works on bare paint much better than a bottle I had this time last year....I have fallen in love with this “newer” CB!

8AD2C1E5-E99F-4C0C-B42C-827713783B0E.jpeg

D59ED855-808B-4CF8-979F-CE59ECCF8B57.jpeg

Edited by Nickfire20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
33 minutes ago, Nickfire20 said:

Chris can you confirm in Ceramic Boost is a new formula?  I have a newer bottle with a February date,  it says it safe for glass etc... it works on glass fine and works on bare paint much better than a bottle I had this time last year....I have fallen in love with this “newer” CB!

8AD2C1E5-E99F-4C0C-B42C-827713783B0E.jpeg

D59ED855-808B-4CF8-979F-CE59ECCF8B57.jpeg

 

I’m anxious to know, too. Must be, because that’s a different label than the one from about a year ago. They’re known to tweak formulas, so wouldn’t be surprising to hear it’s new(er).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 hours ago, falcaineer said:

 

I’m anxious to know, too. Must be, because that’s a different label than the one from about a year ago. They’re known to tweak formulas, so wouldn’t be surprising to hear it’s new(er).

 

^^^ Inquiring minds want to know.  I also have a new bottle I got in the latest MB, but I haven't tried it yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

So it has been a few weeks since I coated my car and used CB for the first time.  After washing the car this weekend, I tried Ceramic Boost again.  This time, I followed some advice given by others and sprayed CB directly on one MF towel, then applied to the car, as opposed to spraying directly on a panel.  I let it streak up and waited a moment or two, then used a second MF towel to remove it.  This worked way better for me than spraying directly on a panel.  It still is not “easy” to work with, but it did not leave streaks after the second towel wipe and it did not take too much effort to wipe it off.  It added slickness to the surface and some gloss.  

 

I am liking it better now that I have found a decent way to work with it. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...