Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic drying aid spray

JDrach

Question

Has anyone ever diluted ceramic boost along with rinse less wash and distilled water to make a ceramic drying aid spray? I miss have detail spray to use while the car was still wet to help dry the car. I like the added lubricity when drying. Thoughts?

9 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, JDrach said:

Has anyone ever diluted ceramic boost along with rinse less wash and distilled water to make a ceramic drying aid spray? I miss have detail spray to use while the car was still wet to help dry the car. I like the added lubricity when drying. Thoughts?

Ceramic boost can be used as a drying aid. Read under wet application: F513B4CB-5ED1-4D47-B120-48D94EDDC2A0.jpeg.88f31a45ce2d1cfd606aca8252ee963f.jpeg

Man, I'm not trying to be a tool, but I think you guys are trying waay to hard.  If I sheet the water off my coated car, there's darn near nothing left to dry.  Can't picture what you need a drying aid for.  My opinion (and it's only that), you're doing more rubbing and sliding a towel across the surface to spread/remove the drying aid than you are just getting what's left of water sitting on the surface after sheeting it away.  And I'll just stay out of the whole mixing thing...again...trying too hard. 

On 5/21/2018 at 9:14 PM, galaxy said:

Man, I'm not trying to be a tool, but I think you guys are trying waay to hard.  If I sheet the water off my coated car, there's darn near nothing left to dry.  Can't picture what you need a drying aid for.  My opinion (and it's only that), you're doing more rubbing and sliding a towel across the surface to spread/remove the drying aid than you are just getting what's left of water sitting on the surface after sheeting it away.  And I'll just stay out of the whole mixing thing...again...trying too hard. 

I agree.  

I tried ceramic boost as a drying aid with pretty crappy results, it was very hard to level out.  Best to use it when the paint is dry

Ya I can sheet the water off the car no problem, doesnt leave the car 100% dry hence the need for a towel. I just dont like rubbing a dry towel across and dry surface, and using boost as a drying aid did work but was super streaky. 1 - 2 mists per panel. Just personal preference for a finishing touch to a wash. 

On 5/21/2018 at 7:42 PM, hamilton2400 said:

Ceramic boost can be used as a drying aid. Read under wet application: F513B4CB-5ED1-4D47-B120-48D94EDDC2A0.jpeg.88f31a45ce2d1cfd606aca8252ee963f.jpeg

That is actually an incorrect run of labels that got printed somehow. You can try to use Ceramic Boost with a wet application, but it can be pretty difficult to use this way, and can smear, as JDrach mentions above.

For everyone else, as for a drying aid for a ceramic coated vehicle, I like to use forced air to dry as much as possible, or an Ultra Plush Towel. These options will usually remove 90% or more water. Then I will go over a few trouble areas with Waterless Wash. You could also try using a light amount of Watereless Wash as a drying aid too.

Ive been using this cordless blower to dry my cars. Its much more powerful than previous generation cordless. I can easily blow off two cars, wheels and tires.   Then i can hit it with either DS or HGG to get rid of any remaining streaks.   It saves me a good amount of time and is light too. 

My cars are NOT Cermic coated yet!!!   (Just placed my order today for the new CC kit !!).    So if your cars 6797F519-D96B-4C55-A5B6-432E7AC6CA44.thumb.jpeg.aeb0e25ad987dd029247f2557b781bd2.jpegare CC then the water will blow off extremely quickly and easy.