Customer Service 866.965.0400

New car interior

694doorbird

Question

3 answers to this question

I don't recommend using the leather cleaner. Your dash isn't dirty and it's new, so I'd skip that step.  Save the cleaner for heavy marks, etc.  But the leather conditioner is what you do want to put on it, even if it's not real leather. It has a good SPF to help protect your dash from sun damage like fading or drying out. Just put some on a micro and apply and rub in.  If you get some streaking, don't worry about it, just reapply until it's the way you like it.  Streaking just means that some areas are dryer than others and absorbing the product faster.  You can use either leather conditioner or interior detailer to dust with after that.  I prefer just the one product, the conditioner for the same reasons stated. 

Welcome to the forum Mike!  :welcomebanner:

3 hours ago, Rich said:

I don't recommend using the leather cleaner. Your dash isn't dirty and it's new, so I'd skip that step.  Save the cleaner for heavy marks, etc.  But the leather conditioner is what you do want to put on it, even if it's not real leather. It has a good SPF to help protect your dash from sun damage like fading or drying out. Just put some on a micro and apply and rub in.  If you get some streaking, don't worry about it, just reapply until it's the way you like it.  Streaking just means that some areas are dryer than others and absorbing the product faster.  You can use either leather conditioner or interior detailer to dust with after that.  I prefer just the one product, the conditioner for the same reasons stated. 

Welcome to the forum Mike!  :welcomebanner:

Thanks Rich,

I see that the Memorial Day say came just as I was getting ready to place an order!! So, I ordered the Interior Detailer, Leather Conditioner and some VRT, as I only have a half bottle left....