Customer Service 866.965.0400

Has anybody here used Reload and can compare it to Ceramic Boost?

LSX Maestro

Question

Hello,

Title states my question. I have reload but it didn't work worth a beans for me as a standalone, we're talking no beading within 1-2 weeks.  I want to try Adam's CB but hoping it's much better than reload. Anyone used both as either a Standalone, Sealant topper or Ceramic Coating topper? 

10 answers to this question

I know @shane@detailedreflections has used at least one or both of those, 

If your car is not ceramic coated then while it works I dont think it is the best method to manage the paint on the car. I have seen Paint sealant and a nice topper say a regularly applied buttery, or Americana, or even H2O used periodically provide great long lasting protection. I would assume that you could get a month or so out of H20 without much effort. 

I can’t really speak for longevity, but I do love me some Ceramic Boost!  My truck is garage kept, and i avoid driving in rain when possible.  I also use detail spray often, as well as, wash and wax, buttery, americana, and so on.  

I will say CB is easy to use and adds a glassy, glossy, wet look, at least to a Black vehicle.  It smells like really sweet pistachios.  It also works great on glass and plastic trim.  

I have both and use them on coated vehicles, they both apply pretty much the same, only a 1-2 sprays per panel or they can streak. The gloss and slickness is pretty close as well. Hard to say the longevity on coated vehicles since water beads like crazy regardless. I don't think you will get crazy longevity as a standalone from either, works better as a topper.

I would be applying it over the top of PS in place of H2O Guard and Gloss. Waxing is way too painstaking for a 22' long Duramax daily driver, at least for me.  I've got 3 layers of Americana on my ZL1 and it's great but yeah it needs a new coat fairly regularly I've found, beading really slows down quick on it, and I'd be waxing my truck every other week or so. 

H2O integrates really well after a monthly two bucket wash or after a Rinseless Wash/before final buff.  I'd probably alternate H2O and CB until I found which one worked better for me. 

Ah, yea doing trucks is fun ha, love doing my brothers ram. I used H20 on my cars when I had PS on them, benefit of using that is its designed to work with PS. But I do like the glassy, slick nature of boost, could try a PS base, then the new ceramic wax and maintain with boost. For the truck might be worth while coating it if its a DD.

Alternatively I like using products like Carpo Hydro Lite or Gyeon Wet coat on my brothers truck for maintaince super fast way to do large vehicles. I hope Adams comes out with a product similar to them at some point.

Just now, nasastang said:

Ah, yea doing trucks is fun ha, love doing my brothers ram. I used H20 on my cars when I had PS on them, benefit of using that is its designed to work with PS. But I do like the glassy, slick nature of boost, could try a PS base, then the new ceramic wax and maintain with boost. For the truck might be worth while coating it if its a DD.

Alternatively I like using products like Carpo Hydro Lite or Gyeon Wet coat on my brothers truck for maintaince super fast way to do large vehicles. I hope Adams comes out with a product similar to them at some point.

So I'm back to PS + HGG it sounds.  

Hydro2 is a god send.  I use it on all my vehicles wheels and recently tested it when I detailed my brothers Denali and it blew me away.  Immediate shine, and the paint is still slick after several touchless washes (commercial soaps) and 3-4 weeks.  It took a minute to apply at most. I already suggested Adam's make a product like it, hopefully they do!  

We have and use both. We try to pair them with products from their respective manufacturers. We also don’t use either as a standalone product, but as a topper for ceramic coated vehicles. 

We will use CarPro Reload on top of their sealant/fine polish without a vehicle being ceramic coated since they play well together. But I don’t feel they’re good on their own for protection. There are better products for that application, paint sealant being one of them. 

Also with either of the products, less is more. A spray or two per panel will get you adequate coverage. Use more and it’ll turn into a streaky mess. 

I have and use both. I originally bought Reload to use as a topper for my CQuartz coated Viper. (This was before Ceramic Boost was introduced, or any of the many other brands' equivalent products came on the market). Last summer at Carlisle, I bought a bottle of Ceramic Boost to try. I have used it on the Viper, and use it as a stand-alone on my '16 Ram, which is not coated. Honestly, I can tell very little difference between the two.

They both work as well on both vehicles, with the Ceramic Boost being a little easier to apply. It is very slick and leaves a nice finish. I just went over the truck just now (been raining, again!) with Detail Spray, and it seems glossier than usual, so perhaps the Detail Spray likes the Ceramic Boost.]]

Clear as mud?