Customer Service 866.965.0400

Repeated Use of G&G

WMUCarGuy

Question

It's always said you should limit the number of coats of wax/sealant you're layering over top of each other, but what about Guard and Gloss?

Can it be used every time I wash my car, or should it only be used occasionally, since, in theory, it has a sealant in it, right?

11 answers to this question

One of my favorite products, but I only use it every other wash. Only because they recommend that it not be used every wash. Not sure why, because I would definitely use it every wash. 

I’ve used it every wash before. Even when I washed weekly. But doing it that often I think was just a waist of product because it isn’t needed that often. I wasn’t seeing any excessive build up or anything either.

Now I use it once every 6 months or so because I’m using wash and wax.

11 hours ago, BrianT said:

Then there's me... I love GG so much I use it every time I wash a vehicle!  Best drying aid out there!  

Detail spray works great too. 

Honestly G&G is the only product I don't use in the line-up, maybe here or there on chrome wheels, but I have 2 bottles and it'll take forever to use it.  I just use paint sealant and then wash and wax every 3-4 time it gets washed. 

On 5/30/2018 at 8:20 AM, Mbrazelton said:

Detail spray works great too. 

I would go so far as to say Detail Spray is better, unless you are at the stage that requires an H2O Guard & Gloss application.  Detail spray combined with a drying towel is cheaper and faster.

I like G&G so much, I'm more than likely going to try it on my coated car.  It diminishes the qualities/properties of the coating....got it!  This car never sees rain any darn way, so "water beading qualities" are moot to me.  All I care about is shine.