Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tape Gunk Removal

JoeySr

Question

Got a new windshield & they taped the top of the windshield in & said to leave it 24 hours....

after 24hrs in 100% flipping heat it left a crap ton of gunk. 

Whats the best way to remove it without screwing with the finish.....

4 answers to this question

In a lot of cases just a wet towel will take care of a lot of it. In the cases of tape I will just wet a paper towel and lay it on the area letting it soak for a while, Then there are all kinds of options, waterless, or rinseless, revive will def do it, but would also most likely pull off other products, APC would certainly do it...but that will certainly strip your protection off. 

Citrus cleaners have always done well for me but I wonder what they would do to the paint or the protection on it. 

Wal-Mart Has a Citrus based product called De-Solv-It.  Runs about 5 dollars.   I have used this before on my vehicles (and just about everything else...Stainless steel, Ceramic tile, etc.).  It didn't affect the sealant I had on at all.   It doesn't have to sit very long.   Spray on, and by the time you get to the other side of the windshield, you'll be able to go back and start with a paper towel on the side you started.  Best part....the bottle is only around $5 - works great on everything sticky and lingering!   Also work GREAT if you're removing emblems the dealerships have stuck to your car as advertisements~