Customer Service 866.965.0400

2018/2019/2020 Corvettes @ Carlisle

There are no free tickets or discounted tickets, and really, it's not a wad to just go in and walk around.  It's like $15 for a guest pass. Assuming you're not bringing a Vette.  Your biggest problem will be parking since you can't park inside the gate on the fairgrounds.  But there are plenty of houses in the neighborhood that rent spaces for parking, and I think you can still park at the armory (not sure any more).  Saturday is always the best day to attend.  Especially if the weather is good. But be prepared.  It's ACRES to walk, no shade, and the only place to sit down is at the grandstand or while you eat at the food court (they frown on loafers if you're not eating). So wear comfortable shoes, a hat, and lots of sunblock.  There's a free tram that roams the grounds.  Just flag him down and hop on.  It's the best way to see a lot.  Adam's is easy to find. They're the busiest place on Manufacturers Midway.  And they always have a good show discount. 

12 hours ago, USCGRetiredJosh said:

My son is trying to talk me in going to Carlisle this year, so we can drool all over the vettes. We have never been before. Any suggestions to maximize the experience? We would go Saturday. Anywhere to get free tickets or discounted tickets?

@ Adams polishes you should make up some mystery boxes and sell them at car shows. 

Josh,

people that park in the Funfield get a driver and passenger admission included. Check with friends, or others at your hotel for a ride in.

tips:

Hydrate

sunblock

BYOB 😎

Bring a couple of those folding chairs in a bag
Wear a hat (again....no shade)
Sunglasses are a must.
Comfortable shoes! 
Plan on being there EARLY! If the weather is good, the parking will be filled by 9:30. We're always there by 6:30 on Friday, 6 a.m. on Saturday.
The fairgrounds serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Bring $$$$ biggrin5.gif

14 hours ago, USCGRetiredJosh said:

My son is trying to talk me in going to Carlisle this year, so we can drool all over the vettes. We have never been before. Any suggestions to maximize the experience? We would go Saturday. Anywhere to get free tickets or discounted tickets?

@ Adams polishes you should make up some mystery boxes and sell them at car shows. 

- Bring very comfortable walking shoes - you will be doing a LOT of walking if you want to see all of the cars, vendors, swap meet area, etc.
- Traffic can get bad, so like Rich said, I would try to find a house nearby that is offering $5 or $10 parking in their yard for the day. Very friendly people and very little crime right near the fairgrounds.

- Hotels are very expensive the weekend of a show (they raise rates), and all might be booked by now. Mechanicsburg isn't too far of a drive and has some nice hotels for usually better rates.
- Saturday is definitely the busiest day, our show booth gets crowded and long lines, so please be patient with us if it's a madhouse 😵
- Our customer appreciation party is Friday evening as Adam mentioned, we would love it if you and your son could make it!

We have been doing a limited amount of mystery boxes and mystery buckets at the last few Carlisle events. I spoke with Dave just now and he does plan on having some Mystery Buckets and Mystery Bags at this show too - limited number each day, so if you want one stop by early...we're usually open and up and running with the cash registers around 8am! 

14 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

- Bring very comfortable walking shoes - you will be doing a LOT of walking if you want to see all of the cars, vendors, swap meet area, etc.
- Traffic can get bad, so like Rich said, I would try to find a house nearby that is offering $5 or $10 parking in their yard for the day. Very friendly people and very little crime right near the fairgrounds.

- Hotels are very expensive the weekend of a show (they raise rates), and all might be booked by now. Mechanicsburg isn't too far of a drive and has some nice hotels for usually better rates.
- Saturday is definitely the busiest day, our show booth gets crowded and long lines, so please be patient with us if it's a madhouse 😵
- Our customer appreciation party is Friday evening as Adam mentioned, we would love it if you and your son could make it!

We have been doing a limited amount of mystery boxes and mystery buckets at the last few Carlisle events. I spoke with Dave just now and he does plan on having some Mystery Buckets and Mystery Bags at this show too - limited number each day, so if you want one stop by early...we're usually open and up and running with the cash registers around 8am! 

I've had my hotel booked since last year. But I was just goofing around looking to see what's still available, and the prices now are INSANE!  Homewood Suites wants $500 a NIGHT.  And most other places, even the dumps, are wanting $200 or more per night.  The fire marshal just closed one of the more popular hotels and now those people are  scrambling to find anything. Best advice to anyone still looking..........look at Chambersburg.  Hotels just off 81 are about 1/2 the price and less than the closer hotels. It's about a 1/2 hour ride, so not bad, and it's almost all interstate.  

10 hours ago, Rich said:

I've had my hotel booked since last year. But I was just goofing around looking to see what's still available, and the prices now are INSANE!  Homewood Suites wants $500 a NIGHT.  And most other places, even the dumps, are wanting $200 or more per night.  The fire marshal just closed one of the more popular hotels and now those people are  scrambling to find anything. Best advice to anyone still looking..........look at Chambersburg.  Hotels just off 81 are about 1/2 the price and less than the closer hotels. It's about a 1/2 hour ride, so not bad, and it's almost all interstate.  

Do you know the name of the hotel that closed 

12 hours ago, 67's said:

Actually, the Days Inn South closed last year, and became Hotel Ava on Alexander Springs Rd. .  Apparently they had a small fire earlier this year, and never fixed the damage, including the fire alarms, so the fire marshal closed them down. The Motel 6 Carlisle closed too, and is now the American Inn.  Prices right now are going for as much as $500 a night for close hotels.  Absurd.  They're building a Homewood Suites close to the fairgrounds, and they're going to most likely be the highest priced hotel next year.  

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:56 AM, 67's said:

Dan,

if i remember, will you take Mystery boxes and recycle them?  i have a few of them and didn't want to just get rid of them.

We typically don't need any extra boxes now because we have pallets of boxes that come in for each show, but yep, the Carlisle Staff does recycle all of our boxes for us, so if you have any that you want us to take care of, bring them flattened if possible and we can put them in with our stacks! They have staff that drive around the show field on regularly intervals to pick up garbage and recycle material :)

Crap, I was working the last 2 years in West Virginia and would have been there had I know about Adam's Polishes back then. I'm back in Central West Florida now. Too far to travel. Bummer.

Hope you have a great show.

Crap, I was working the last 2 years in West Virginia and would have been there had I know about Adam's Polishes back then. I'm back in Central West Florida now. Too far to travel. Bummer.

Edited by SgtLip
Can't delete DOUBLE post. Sorry!!!

37 minutes ago, SgtLip said:

Where in WV? I'm from there...

7 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Where in WV? I'm from there...

I was the Contract Manager for TransCanada overseeing the contracts to construct Compressor Stations at six locations in Ohio (2) and West Virginia (4) along the Natural Gas Pipelines they were installing as well.

I based myself in the Ceredo/Huntington area, right off I-64 in Tri-State area.