Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question on Application of Ceramic Trim Coating

LinPark

Question

Searched the forum for this and keep coming up empty as well as can't find any videos yet specific to the trim coating product.  I did the paint coating a few weeks back but for some reason I'm a bit squeamish about tackling the trim.   Looking at the pic below is it safe to coat the area marked in yellow which is trim that sits outside the car near the windows and should I also coat the areas marked in orange which are actually inside the car when the top is up?  Is it best to tape off any painted areas around these because I'm afraid that I'm going to get the coating on areas other than the trim?  And lastly, what's the easiest way to do the trim at the base of the windshield - should I remove the windshield wipers and leave the trim in place while taping off the glass?  Thanks!

Inked5_LI.jpg

3 answers to this question

You’re absolutely safe to coat all of that. 

If any of it is smooth and not textured, you’ll want to level the coating after application. 

If you get coating on the glass or paint, immediately wipe it off with a towel. 

The lower windshield trim is usually easier with the hood up. But not always. Every car takes a different approach. We will commonly bring the wipers up halfway on the glass and turn the car off. Coat the trim. Then go back to the uncovered spot once the wipers are back down. 

It’s not as hard as it may seem. 

You should absolutely coat all of that trim.  Other than the soft, rubbery window seals.

I coated the trim on my Camaro a couple of years ago and it still looks FANTASTIC!

Plus - what Shane said......