Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any VW Folks

GolfR

Got my first taste of Adam's products a few months ago with one of their Mystery Box purchases and I've been hooked since! Any VW fans on here? What are you using for a last step to really give the car a shine? 

IMG_2347.jpeg

Welcome! I am definitely a VW fan. I'm not an owner, but big fan. That's a beautiful car. I have used Buttery Wax on a couple black cars and it looked great. The fact that it doesn't last very long will steer me away but it looks great while it lasts. I have some HGG to try out one of these days. 

Thank you! I will agree, the buttery wax could definitely last longer. Right now I'm alternating between Ceramic Boost 1.0 & HGG. It seems like the Guard & Gloss is easier to work with. 

I got paint sealant in my last mystery bucket, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Do you do anything special with it? I've heard of people letting that sit on the car for a couple hours to fully "bond" but I don't know if that's truly needed.

26 minutes ago, GolfR said:

I got paint sealant in my last mystery bucket, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Do you do anything special with it? I've heard of people letting that sit on the car for a couple hours to fully "bond" but I don't know if that's truly needed.

You can remove Paint Sealant once it hazes over, and top it with a wax if you like.  The old versions of the sealant had to 'cure' a while, but no more!

3 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

You can remove Paint Sealant once it hazes over, and top it with a wax if you like.  The old versions of the sealant had to 'cure' a while, but no more!

Thanks for the info! That's good to know. I think I'm going to give the paint sealant a try this weekend.

26 minutes ago, GolfR said:

Welcome Matt,

The older formula you could leave on for a few hours and easily buff off without issue. The newest formula that came out (maybe a year ago or less) smells like coconut, doesn't come off so easily if left on for a longer time. I was having some issues (make sure you apply very thin layers) with removing. I was waiting 10-15 mins before removing and applying thin layers, but I found removal to be difficult. I used on a few cars with a few different factors for temps and humidity, but consistently had the same issues. I spoke to customer service and they asked the man himself (ADAM!!) and he recommended shorter times to "cure". He said to apply to a panel or 2 at a time and use Ceramic Boost to help with removal if it is still difficult. Maybe you won't have these same issues, but I wouldn't allow the Paint Sealant to bond for hours. There isn't a need for it.

10 minutes ago, tmevilsizor said:

Welcome Matt,

The older formula you could leave on for a few hours and easily buff off without issue. The newest formula that came out (maybe a year ago or less) smells like coconut, doesn't come off so easily if left on for a longer time. I was having some issues (make sure you apply very thin layers) with removing. I was waiting 10-15 mins before removing and applying thin layers, but I found removal to be difficult. I used on a few cars with a few different factors for temps and humidity, but consistently had the same issues. I spoke to customer service and they asked the man himself (ADAM!!) and he recommended shorter times to "cure". He said to apply to a panel or 2 at a time and use Ceramic Boost to help with removal if it is still difficult. Maybe you won't have these same issues, but I wouldn't allow the Paint Sealant to bond for hours. There isn't a need for it.

Thanks for the great info Tyler! It sounds like it's best to treat the paint sealant like a wax and remove it as soon as it hazes. I'll definitely keep the ceramic boost trick in mind in case I run into any removal issues. 

2013 VW CC R Line

I usually finish off my cars with H20 G&G. As for the VW, I need to do a full correction, sealant and then wax on it. Just need to find the time ...

20180610_144621.jpg

Edited by MikeSoFlo

1 hour ago, MikeSoFlo said:

2013 VW CC R Line

I usually finish off my cars with H20 G&G. As for the VW, I need to do a full correction, sealant and then wax on it. Just need to find the time ...

That's a clean looking CC, very sharp!! Ahh I feel your pain, I was lucky enough to have some time earlier in the summer to do a paint correction. But now that I have some paint sealant I have a feeling I'll be going through the whole process again just because I tend to be OCD. LOL

Welcome to the addiction, Matt!

PS and HGG are an awesome combo, offering 6+ months of protection and shine. Before you apply the PS, however, be sure to strip wash the car to have a naked surface for the PS to bond. Also, for a dark car like yours, BG is an incredible as a LSP for some short-term, super shine.

Post some pics when you're done... 

Thanks for all the love guys! The R was definitely a dream of mine for a long time. Now that it's a reality, I need to keep it looking the best. 

16 hours ago, vdub said:

hey welcome GolfR

love the R man, i have a 2010 GTI and a 2008 R32, i used adams sealant and americana wax on my GTI just last month and use H2O every other wash.

Love the GTI vdub! I had a 2013 that I traded for my R, but I miss that car alot.

13 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Welcome to the addiction, Matt!

PS and HGG are an awesome combo, offering 6+ months of protection and shine. Before you apply the PS, however, be sure to strip wash the car to have a naked surface for the PS to bond. Also, for a dark car like yours, BG is an incredible as a LSP for some short-term, super shine.

Post some pics when you're done... 

Thanks for the heads up on the strip wash! I'll need to pick some of that up on my next order. I want to keep the deep shine for as long as possible. 

5 hours ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Welcome to the forum, Matt! Love your R!... definitely one of my dream cars...

Thanks ObsessedDetailer! It was my dream car for a long time but now I need to keep it looking brand new... easier said then done LOL

1 hour ago, GolfR said:

Thanks for the heads up on the strip wash! I'll need to pick some of that up on my next order. I want to keep the deep shine for as long as possible. 

If you can't get it soon and still want to proceed, other options are to add a few ounces of Eco APC to your normal wash bucket and CS, or a wipe down with Coating Prep, or even add a few ounces of liquid blue Dawn to your wash bucket. 

Oh, and don't forget clay/clay mitt, and possibly Iron Remover.

Edited by falcaineer

When I can finally break away from the world and get to detailing my process on the CC will be

BODY

- Strip Wash

- Iron Remover

- Clay Mitt (this isn't as safe as a bar but it's faster and I'm going to be doing a fill 3 step correction)

- 3 Step Paint Correction

- Prep Wipe

- Brilliant Glaze

- Liquid Paint Sealant

- Ceramic Paste Wax

- Ceramic Boost

WHEELS & WELLS

- ECO Wheel Cleaner

- Tire and Rubber Cleaner

- VRT (tires)

- H20 G&G (wheels)

- ECO All Purpose Cleaner (fender wells)

- Undercarriage Spray (fender wells)

GLASS

- Strip Wash

- Clay Mitt

- Glass Cleaner and Glass Sealant (outside)

- Glass Cleaner and then Brilliant Glaze (inside)

It's going to be a long process but I bought the car used and I could tell the previous owner had never done a legit detail on the car. 

Edited by MikeSoFlo

That's a weekend of work right there, but I know that will be worth it. I've never used a clay mitt, always went the clay bar route, but I've heard they make quick work of the big body panels. Maybe it's my OCD, but I can't understand how people spend all their hard earned money on a car and then don't spend a few hours here and there keeping it nice and clean. That CC will be sharp looking once you're done!