Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Gun Trouble

5knives

Question

Am I the only moron who can't seem to easily get the spray nozzle to attach to the Standard Foam Gun? It just doesn't seem to click in smoothly. I have to force it in and I know I'm eventually going to wear it out or break it. 

Thanks 

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, 5knives said:

Am I the only moron who can't seem to easily get the spray nozzle to attach to the Standard Foam Gun? It just doesn't seem to click in smoothly. I have to force it in and I know I'm eventually going to wear it out or break it. 

Thanks 

No, it is not just you... Leaving it connected is the easiest solution to the problem that I have found.  I have brass quick connects for all my hose and sprayer attachments, including the spay nozzle for the standard foam gun.  By using the quick connect, I leave the stray nozzle and gun head attached to each other and just unscrew the bottle.  Cleaning it is still same, I just use a different spay nozzle that has 12 spray pattern.   If you don't have a quick connect or quick shutoff, you can pick them up at your local Ace Hardware. 

I am purchasing a premium foam gun since I do a decent number of vehicles and giving the standard foam gun to my son-in-law who might use it once very few months.  There is nothing wrong with the standard foam gun as far as the usage goes, it is just the connection with  the plastic pieces requires a bit  of force.

2 hours ago, 5knives said:

Thanks 

:hi: Recovering moron here.  It was too much of a pain in the *** for me to work with.  It never was easy, then I dropped it while trying to get it attached.  At that point one of white plastic pieces in the inside would barely move. I finally ordered the premium and just used it for the first time today.  The foam isn’t any different but it’s a lot nicer to work with.  Woooossssaaaaa

Hi

I have the Foam Gun with the Stainless Steel quick connectors - I think it was the 1st model.

If you turn the Coupling Half on the Spray Nozzle too tight the Cannister Half can't go in far enough to Lock.

Sort of a pain but I've eventually got it to work & not leak at the Couplings connection to the Spray Nozzle

I have brass quick connects too, so I don't take the nozzle off that much but every time I do it's a PITA. I didn't know if it was defective or just operator error. I guess it's just the design. Thanks guys. 

Honestly guys I never ever have this problem. I have quick disconnects as well but I always attach/remove the sprayer nozzle onto the foam gun. Are you attaching yours while water is pressurized in the hose/nozzle before attaching? Or are you connecting with no pressure, then once connected turning on the hose?