Customer Service 866.965.0400

Your Favorite 'Other than Intended' Product?

galaxy

Question

So a bit of a fun thread of sorts...have you guys found a product that you like to use, or have had great results with while using for something other than what it's primarily intended??  I know several products can be a cross-over product of sorts on any day, but...I'll go first...

I have found that I enjoy and get better results using straight up Waterless Wash for outside glass than I do glass cleaner!  I've almost eliminated glass cleaner from my arsenal.  I don't use it on the outside cause I like the WW better, and I don't use it on the inside cause there's no need with the BG on there; a clean dry MF handles every inside duty just fine. 

Your turn...

Agreed on almost no need go Glass Cleaner.  Between Glass Boost, Detail Spray, Waterless Wash, Rinseless Washes, etc. I just don't reach for Glass Cleaner very often.  

Not sure if I use anything outside of it's intended range - I do like using Detail Spray on pretty much everything, even my watches get a Detail Spray wipe-down every day or two.  My MacBooks, phones, TVs, etc. all get the Adam's treatment. 

We have replaced the off the shelf blue window cleaner with Adam's Glass Cleaner and for the mirrors we use Brilliant Glaze.   The inside of the glass shower door gets Glass Sealant and hit with Glass Boost about once a month.

Detail Spray on the Black and Stainless appliances reduces the fingers prints.

Ceramic Boost in the bathroom sinks - I was wondering why the water beaded so much, now I know.

Odor Neutralizer: Shoes, Cat Box, Dog Bed and many other places.

8 minutes ago, tlbullet said:

Did u use it to descale the machine? Or just the outside of it??

Descale. I took the whole machine apart and sprayed all the pieces in the sink. I let them soak for like 2 mins and then rinsed them off with hot water. All the old coffee grinds and coffee splashes just washed away. I did the same for the tank. Sprayed it down, let it sit and then rinsed with hot water. 

Brilliant Glaze is a super versatile product. As we all know, works great as a glaze on your paint and works amazing on your inside glass as well. Mirrors around the house, glass shower doors, etc. Love the stuff....

1 hour ago, MikeSoFlo said:

Descale. I took the whole machine apart and sprayed all the pieces in the sink. I let them soak for like 2 mins and then rinsed them off with hot water. All the old coffee grinds and coffee splashes just washed away. I did the same for the tank. Sprayed it down, let it sit and then rinsed with hot water. 

U think i could run the APC thru the machine???

2 hours ago, tlbullet said:

U think i could run the APC thru the machine???

I would use the ECO version but I don't see why not. Maybe like an an ounce or 2 in a full tank and run a few hot water cycles through it. Just have to make sure you flush it really good with a clean tank after. I may do that next. 

I'd have to say ECO APC. Yeah, it's supposed to be an all purpose cleaner, but it does such a great job cleaning everything. I'll use a diluted portion on microfibers and orbital pads when washing them. I've even used some to help clean wheels while out of wheel cleaner. It's definitely a versatile product. 

Waterless/rinseless wash for glass cleaning, brilliant glaze for the inside of a windshield, rinseless wash on interiors....

I've seen and done a neat little trick to clean dirty interiors quickly and effectively that have leather seats. You spray the surface down with APC, let it dwell for a minute or so, then wipe it down with a microfiber that was soaking in rinseless wash. You will have a very clean seat with minimal effort after that :)

I'd like to pull this back up for some advice. Our new place has a stainless steel sink in the kitchen. It's a little stained up and streaky. The faucet and drain baskets were replaced. The only think left is the sink itself. I'm thinking a SK and metal polish would make it shine more than new. Are there other options though since I don't have a SK mini or metal polish yet? Maybe APC and elbow grease? Or would hand revive work? I don't have that yet either but that is on my need list. I'll post a picture when I get a chance. 

4 hours ago, Bscott94 said:

I'd like to pull this back up for some advice. Our new place has a stainless steel sink in the kitchen. It's a little stained up and streaky. The faucet and drain baskets were replaced. The only think left is the sink itself. I'm thinking a SK and metal polish would make it shine more than new. Are there other options though since I don't have a SK mini or metal polish yet? Maybe APC and elbow grease? Or would hand revive work? I don't have that yet either but that is on my need list. I'll post a picture when I get a chance. 

I used some APC on a stain in my stainless sink and with a little work it removed it.  I wouldn't say it was perfect, but the sink is also 50 years old, so I don't expect it to be.  I see no reason not to try APC as the first attempt.  I hit it 3 times and let is sit for a couple of minutes each time before I scrubbed it.

I use APC and Revive to clean the sink, then CB to coat it.

I use my limited edition detail sprays and/or WW on the granite counters and stainless appliances.

Ive also heard of wheel cleaner, helping around sinks/showers/ice machines/ or anywhere rust streaks or plain old rust might build up such as around connections.

Question: Is there an Adam's product that (II might already have) can provide stainless steel with long term protection from oxidation? I've been using a combination of CP, FP, and BG to take off oxidation and provide some shine/protection. Eventually I'll be adding the metal polishes to my arsenal; "priorities." Not sure if there is a better product to apply after a thorough cleaning to keep the stainless from oxidizing as quickly as it does.

7 hours ago, parmesan said:

Question: Is there an Adam's product that (II might already have) can provide stainless steel with long term protection from oxidation? I've been using a combination of CP, FP, and BG to take off oxidation and provide some shine/protection. Eventually I'll be adding the metal polishes to my arsenal; "priorities." Not sure if there is a better product to apply after a thorough cleaning to keep the stainless from oxidizing as quickly as it does.

Adam's did a collab with Big Chill that combined WW, DS, and CB for their appliances. Recommend you try that process.