Customer Service 866.965.0400

Expanded workspace

shane@detailedreflections

Question

Since my business is run out of my home, and with the recent family additions we outgrew our garage which doubled as a family garage and workspace. 

The way our land is laid out, we can’t have a poured foundation due to the zoning setbacks. So we had to go with a premanufactured garage. 

We ended up settling on a 14’ x 32’ garage style “shed.” We have used the back half for storage for equipment and I’ve started making the front half a film and coating studio. 

The front and back half will be separated by a canvas curtain enabling me to easily get in and out of for the storage component.  Up front, I’ve installed eighteen 4,800 lumen LED shop lights on the wall and ceiling. That’s 86,400 lumens of light for coating and film to catch everything. 

We started hanging banners and have power partially run. The rest will be done soon. 

Eventually I’d like to RaceDeck the flooring. But all in good time. And I’ll insulate it before winter. 

In the meantime here’s some progress photos. 

533371D3-B658-4E63-940E-12510901E4F1.jpeg

80D28C42-837F-4E3A-82C3-9CE80FAE67A4.jpeg

AB3B625A-7D6F-46EF-8A25-C9041931E3DD.jpeg

93D643E1-542A-4875-A8F9-3973242ECEB2.jpeg

D7F27891-6461-40F0-979F-9097B831FCA5.jpeg

3FF23F02-81FB-41EA-91CD-3194E3239715.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Velvethelmet said:

Is that a tuff shed brand shed  you bought?

If so how did you find dealing with them?

It’s not a Tuff Shed. They’re built by Carefree Small Buildings which is local to me and pretty much everyone in the area uses them. I couldn’t have built it for much less than I paid for it. They’re assembled in their location and then delivered assembled. 

Easy process. Longest wait was the town for a building permit and inspection at the end. 

6 hours ago, Velvethelmet said:

Is that a tuff shed brand shed  you bought?

If so how did you find dealing with them?

I've used Tuff Shed to build a shed... and they were easy to work with and I love the shed.  A friend of mine used them to build a 2 car garage (on a concrete slab) and he loves his as well, and has used them to build additional building since.  Locally (El Paso, TX) you can buy Tuff Shed direct or through Home Depot, but I've found direct is the way to go, as HD is limited on what buildings and options they are authorized to sell.

Edited by rseward