Customer Service 866.965.0400

New garage FINALLY happening

pirahnah3

So I have been sitting on this info for about 8 months at this point because I didnt want to jinx the whole process but all the major hurdles have been finally cleared and things can get going. 

I am sadly going to be tearing down my current garage...its a sad day I know, and having to lose the building is not something I wanted to do. Sadly thou several engineers agreed that it was not financially wise to attempt to save it. It was just too far gone. So very soon it will be time to say good bye to the current garage, and say hello to what the attached plans show is my new garage and workshop area. 

We are looking at overall about 3-4 months total time and yes I will take photos all along the way. Some design points and things to note:

Building is going to be 70*40 overall with 13ft interior ceiling height and clearspanned aside from the 1 shear wall that you see separating the "barn" from the wood shop. 

Flooring was designed to handle car lifts anywhere I want to put them, so yes its overbuilt for normal, but not knowing exactly where I wanted things yet this made the most sense. 

Currently being built as cold storage with power to be added later,

water is in debate due to potentially needing to dig another well, and the work to connect to the current septic system. 

Had to finally share the exciting news now that I have the engineered stamped plans, closed on financing, AND signed the building permit application. 

IMG_20150605_201038.jpg

IMG_20150605_201305.jpg

Floor & foundation plans of proposed barn 3-9-18.jpg

Edited by pirahnah3

1 minute ago, tlbullet said:

Congrats! U have enough room for an adams showroom. Look forward to the pics n process!

Thanks, Its going to look more like a used car show room lol I have to get all 6 of them in there to start with. Then can really start the Resto fun for one of them. Thou it will give me a great chance to build some custom display cabinets for my collection, and a place to hang up some banners. 

8 minutes ago, 8675309'SS said:

Congrats Jim! I’m excited for you.  Looking forward to following your updates.  

5 minutes ago, RayS said:

That will be a huge transition, but I'm sure it will be a welcome one.  Good luck on the build.

Have been working on making something happen since we purchased the property about 7 years ago and it finally happened. While its not everything I wanted in the build, it is most of the size I wanted to have and I can deal with the rest for a bit until some more funding is available. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2018 at 5:52 PM, pirahnah3 said:

So I have been sitting on this info for about 8 months at this point because I didnt want to jinx the whole process but all the major hurdles have been finally cleared and things can get going. 

I am sadly going to be tearing down my current garage...its a sad day I know, and having to lose the building is not something I wanted to do. Sadly thou several engineers agreed that it was not financially wise to attempt to save it. It was just too far gone. So very soon it will be time to say good bye to the current garage, and say hello to what the attached plans show is my new garage and workshop area. 

We are looking at overall about 3-4 months total time and yes I will take photos all along the way. Some design points and things to note:

Building is going to be 70*40 overall with 13ft interior ceiling height and clearspanned aside from the 1 shear wall that you see separating the "barn" from the wood shop. 

Flooring was designed to handle car lifts anywhere I want to put them, so yes its overbuilt for normal, but not knowing exactly where I wanted things yet this made the most sense. 

Currently being built as cold storage with power to be added later,

water is in debate due to potentially needing to dig another well, and the work to connect to the current septic system. 

Had to finally share the exciting news now that I have the engineered stamped plans, closed on financing, AND signed the building permit application. 

IMG_20150605_201038.jpg

IMG_20150605_201305.jpg

Floor & foundation plans of proposed barn 3-9-18.jpg

Wow! That is so cool. You should include a wash bay in there... with a drain in middle of the garage. That Would be cool! Kind of like the obsessed garage wash bay 

7 hours ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Wow! That is so cool. You should include a wash bay in there... with a drain in middle of the garage. That Would be cool! Kind of like the obsessed garage wash bay 

I was thinking that but with no power or water out there currently, and adding water means I need to connect it to my septic system....no wash bay yet. 

5 hours ago, Chris@Adams said:

Congrats man!

Thanks! It should be a great Christmas present to myself. 

I was actually talking with the builder today.....possibly footings being poured Friday, Trusses scheduled for delivery around November 13th....Man its gonna be AWESOME! 

Exciting!!! You gonna save/repuprose any of the old brick (cinder blocks?) and/or wood? Might be a cool way to honor the old building somehow in the new one. Just a thought. Keep us updated to date, Jim.

Edited by falcaineer

@falcaineer Not planning on the old block, it was fairly brittle actually. I was surprised how easy it was to break when the old building came down. As for the wood, there wasnt much in it really and for the most part it was towards the end of its life. I do have some granite slabs that were used around it that I am looking into making the entry way to the new barn out of.