Customer Service 866.965.0400

Old CG user converted!

Blackbird_ws.6

Hey all. 

Coming from a heavy Chemical guys arsenal I got tired of all the duplicate products and marketing. The local store never had stock so I just today placed an order for a winter product haul of Adams. 

I still  have a lot of CG black light soap so I’ll use that up before ordering any of Adams. 

Few questions.

1.I plan on strip washing wife’s 2017 Civic Hatch, then claybarring. After that I plan on two coats of Adams LPS. An hour after last coat would it be ok to apply the H2O gloss and guard or should I wait until first wash? 

2. For a summer order, if I use the Ceramic paste wax and ceramic boost intermittently for top up would you suggest Wash and wax soap or Ultra foam soap?

2a. If I decided to use patriot wax, what soap again for this. 

2b. Would h2o gloss and guard still be ok to use with ceramic paste wax or should I stick fully with the ceramic boost?

Look forward to sealing up the wife’s Hatch before winter and my TA before storage with my new products! 

Ive included a few pics of the two cars to be cleaned 

Items ordered :

Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant 

Adams Strip Wash

Adam's Basic Total Interior Detailer Kit

Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss 16oz

Adam's 3.5 Gallon Detailing Bucket w/ Gamma seal and grit guard - for winter wash’s at coin op. 

Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel 2 Pack

Adams sticker (To cover CG sticker on foam gun lol)

FF4B5A05-DA8C-417B-9C5B-7E0CBB64CD1A.jpeg

68C49A5D-C76C-4B85-B906-470DC92B154A.jpeg

6A4E8ACB-A73C-4877-9187-4C64167A7CF9.jpeg

F51BBA34-3855-4F5E-8F05-1363759DE588.jpeg

40DFF481-8B6F-4A49-845A-52500DF38315.jpeg

B5DFF833-8D29-4188-AE63-CE4C2F0B5FF9.jpeg

Welcome, Bob! Lots of converts from other products on here, and plenty of great people and info around these parts, too! Ask any questions you have.

For the Paint Sealant (PS), one coat is sufficient; two won't do much of anything, and may actually affect the visual appeal. You can apply the HGG right after you remove the PS, no need to wait, and that will be your additional coat of protection. HGG essentially acts as a boost, and should be used every 3-4 washes or so. If you really want some pop on both those black beauties, get the Brilliant Glaze. No real protection, but man will they shine!

W&W is ideal for winter use as it's more of a Wash and Seal, and is silica based vs. carnuba. Not a lot of experience with the CB, Patriot or CPW for me, so I can't really offer much input. Pretty sure both the W&W and Ultra Foam will play nicely with any of those, though.

Recommend you check out this article as you proceed:

And keep Mystery Boxes as an option for future buys. They're an awesome way to build your supply and try new products.

By the way, I used to own a 96 Firebird, bright red, t-tops, 3.8L....LOVED that car. Miss it.

Edited by falcaineer

Thanks for the tips! 

I will plan on a Wash, clay, 1 coat of Paint Sealant then I will use a moist microfibre to apply H20 GG and buff it off :)

I think of summer I will use PS, Glaze and Americana paste wax. Id ceramic coat, but I like to polish and tinker lol.

It's my 7th Fbody, love these things.

Welcome Bob! 

Lots of good information from Chris.

2 hours ago, Blackbird_ws.6 said:

I think of summer I will use PS, Glaze and Americana paste wax. Id ceramic coat, but I like to polish and tinker lol.

Applying Brilliant Glaze and topping it with Americana will make that black paint really pop!

25 minutes ago, Chris@Adams said:

Welcome Bob!

Thanks Chris.

Already liking the community more then the CG, I was sick of the 100 products that do the same thing with different smells and colours, all for marketing hype. Up here in Canada the local "Detail Garage" never had any stock and took months to get products, same with the online store. So far happy with Adams, cant wait to try out my new goodies :)

Welcome!:welcome: Beautiful rides! Your not gonna regret the switch. As far as the waxes, I am running paint sealant topped with Ceramic Paste Wax and Boost on top of that. I can tell you the ceramic paste wax will also make that black really purdy. The ceramic wax is supposed to have a longer life span than regular carnuba based wax, and topping it with ceramic boost will extend that life as well. Also patriot with G&G will work beautifully as well, its really just a personal preference. 

19 minutes ago, M3Eric said:

Welcome!:welcome: Beautiful rides! Your not gonna regret the switch. As far as the waxes, I am running paint sealant topped with Ceramic Paste Wax and Boost on top of that. I can tell you the ceramic paste wax will also make that black really purdy. The ceramic wax is supposed to have a longer life span than regular carnuba based wax, and topping it with ceramic boost will extend that life as well. Also patriot with G&G will work beautifully as well, its really just a personal preference. 

I'm already happy with my choice and I havent gotten anything yet lol

I am torn between Patriot and GG or Ceramic and Boost.. For the price and amount of time I spend cleaning and detailing I think Patriot and GG may be my better choice :)

23 hours ago, Blackbird_ws.6 said:

I'm already happy with my choice and I havent gotten anything yet lol

I am torn between Patriot and GG or Ceramic and Boost.. For the price and amount of time I spend cleaning and detailing I think Patriot and GG may be my better choice :)

Either way, you cant go wrong. G&G is one of my favorite products that Adams makes! I went with the CPW topped with Boost because the hydrophobic properties that come from the silica based products are just amazing! I actually had Americana topped with G&G initially and it looked great! Just wanted to change it up... Ceramic Boost is actually the very first product of Adams I ever tried, and after that started my whole Adams addiction! This pic below is Americana with H20 G&G every 3rd or 4th wash, this was BEFORE I did any paint correction.

M3CarbonFiber.jpg

Just now, M3Eric said:

Either way, you cant go wrong. G&G is one of my favorite products that Adams makes! I went with the CPW topped with Boost because the hydrophobic properties that come from the silica based products are just amazing! I actually had Americana topped with G&G initially and it looked great! Just wanted to change it up... Ceramic Boost is actually the very first product of Adams I ever tried, and after that started my whole Adams addiction! This pic below is Americana with H20 G&G every 3rd or 4th wash, this was BEFORE I did any paint correction.

M3CarbonFiber.jpg

Very nice! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...