Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best way to remove old Product and Winter Protect

Blackbird_ws.6

Question

Hello all,

Just making sure I got the right process here.

-Wifes 2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback-

Vehicle has lots of Chemical Guys Jetseal/Glaze on it since new. I am since not impressed with there availability of products, so I have placed an order of Adams :). Didnt order a ton as summer is winding down here.

My plan is :

-Strip wash to remove any CG products

-Claybar

-1 Coat of Adams Liquid Paint Sealant

-Let dry for an hour and using a moist and a dry microfiber apply H20 Gloss and Guard

For winter washes I will take a bucket to coin-op and wash/dry and every other wash apply GG due to heavy salt/bad roads we get up here in Canada.

I will use the rest of my pH Neutral CG Black light wash for winter then stock up on a full Adams Arsenal :)

Attached is her vehicle. Car was bought new April 2017, current has 53,000KM - lots of highway driving, for black Honda paint, shes still looking like new :)

IMG_0134.jpg

3 answers to this question

Your plan looks solid Bob. 

If it was me, I would wait until the next wash to add the H2O G&G, but I am not fighting the weather like you may be.  I LOVE applying G&G as a step during a Rinseless wash - wash a panel, spritz G&G, spread with a damp towel, then remove any remaining moisture with a Waterless Wash towel.  Also I recommend upgrading the G&G sprayer to the one that comes on the Adam's 32 oz Premium Dilution bottle (or a similar Tolco spray head), as it allows you to apply with a finer mist.

3 hours ago, mc2hill said:

Your plan looks solid Bob. 

If it was me, I would wait until the next wash to add the H2O G&G, but I am not fighting the weather like you may be.  I LOVE applying G&G as a step during a Rinseless wash - wash a panel, spritz G&G, spread with a damp towel, then remove any remaining moisture with a Waterless Wash towel.  Also I recommend upgrading the G&G sprayer to the one that comes on the Adam's 32 oz Premium Dilution bottle (or a similar Tolco spray head), as it allows you to apply with a finer mist.

Thanks buddy, Ill get one on my next order.

Again, no need to wait for the PS to dry/cure. It's good to go right away. But there's no harm in waiting if you really want to do so.

Also, I recommend rather than use the "dry" application method for the HGG, just spray down the car and apply as if you had just washed it. You'll use less product, and will likely be happier with the results, reducing streaks, etc.

And as you prep for winter, here are a couple of my favorite videos from Adam:

Newer prep video: