Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dark car...Buttery, Americana, Patriot or Ceramic Paste Wax?

falcaineer

Question

I know opinions will vary, but if you've used any, or better yet, compared any of the four on a dark-colored Garage Queen (specifically), what's your preference? Why? Main goal is show car look. Assume full correction already done...

Edited by falcaineer
Made color more generic to "dark" vs. "black"

10 answers to this question

Honestly, to me it depends on when you are waxing and what the show prep might be. If your looking to spend the time and keep the car looking good going over it all the time, honestly Buttery is a good option (As Adam said in WC#3). I can certainly see Americana being a great option for it for its durability if you dont want to be out there all the time. Ceramic will be great but harder to remove and not quite sure what your prep would turn into based on its SIO2 content. 

Questions on prep for the car, 

Are you going to do show wipe downs? If so with what product? 

Do you drive the car alot? 

Does it live inside or ourside? 

36 minutes ago, pirahnah3 said:

Honestly, to me it depends on when you are waxing and what the show prep might be. If your looking to spend the time and keep the car looking good going over it all the time, honestly Buttery is a good option (As Adam said in WC#3). I can certainly see Americana being a great option for it for its durability if you dont want to be out there all the time. Ceramic will be great but harder to remove and not quite sure what your prep would turn into based on its SIO2 content. 

Questions on prep for the car, 

Are you going to do show wipe downs? If so with what product? 

Do you drive the car alot? 

Does it live inside or ourside? 

Good questions, Jim.  And I should've been more specific that this is for a potential customer, so while I've talked to him a bit, the answers are a little bit of a guess. The plan is to do a full correction and then add the protection layer(s). I don't yet know if he wants maintenance washes/waxes, nor what he has on hand for wipedowns, etc. I do know the car will likely only be driven in good weather (no rain, snow, etc), and be kept in the garage full time otherwise. Note the CO sun can be brutal, and since the car is black, surface temps can/will rise quickly. 

His main goal is to make/keep the car looking super shiny with lasting protectionl, but he doesn't plan to have it for long, maybe a year or so. He originally wanted a coating, but after we talked, it didn't seem like the most cost effective way forward (understandably). Ive explained sealants, as well, but I know for the depth of shine, nothing beats a good wax. Bottom line, I'm trying to help guide him with the options, but will leave the decision to him on which product(s) I use. The only wax I don't have immediate access to is the Ceramic, but it may be the one he chooses. I just want to be better informed to help him understand the potential outcomes, cost/benefit, etc.

Edited by falcaineer

Based on Customers car, Id start with discussing some pricing differential, and if they are not coming back all the time for maint cleaning then I would offer 2 options, one being the Americana great coating longevity and all that. You can always step that up to the Ceramic wax and talk about its potential longer life and SIO2 content. 

@mc2hill notd Brilliant Glaze and then provided a picture of a beautiful Chevelle, plus two more Red cars in the background...  Thanks.

With Buttery, I applied Brilliant Glaze under it and then two days later added BG on top as an experiment and it was beyond Wow since it was a driveway car.  I would imagine with a garage queen, BG under America and then maybe BG on top would look amazing and last more than a few days.  The question becomes maintenance since the extra pop would not last very long, but you could sell them a bottle of BG or DS for maintenance until it is ready for a full detail again.