Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Wheel Coating & Wheel Weights

WMUCarGuy

Question

A friend just posed a rather interesting question regarding the Adam's Ceramic Wheel Coating. If you ceramic coat the inner drum of your wheel, would there then be any issue with being able to attach new wheel weights in the future? I could see the surface now being so slick that nothing would attach to it....

3 answers to this question

I had an issue with this. I coated my wheels before I got tires and they shop could not get the weights to stick. They ended up having to use assatone on the inside and remove it. So I would recommend doing the face of the wheel and then the drum afterwards. 

17 hours ago, imatt27 said:

I had an issue with this. I coated my wheels before I got tires and they shop could not get the weights to stick. They ended up having to use assatone on the inside and remove it. So I would recommend doing the face of the wheel and then the drum afterwards. 

I think you meant acetone ?

I had this issue the first time used the coating on my SS’s wheels. It took some pressure to make them stick, but they stayed on. In the future I will not apply coating to any portion of the wheels where weights may go. Since this is usually a thin area in the barrel it’s not a problem. 

15 hours ago, GXPaycheck said:

I think you meant acetone ?

I had this issue the first time used the coating on my SS’s wheels. It took some pressure to make them stick, but they stayed on. In the future I will not apply coating to any portion of the wheels where weights may go. Since this is usually a thin area in the barrel it’s not a problem. 

??? fail. That’s what I get for typing in a hurry!