Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire Shine Question

y56dc2

Question

Hey guys, i just got a bunch of adams products, coming from megs and other companies, and i was wondering if tire shine would eventually turn your tires 

orange like Amorall does, if left on for along time, not washed or even using it over and over again, seen so many customers complain about other detailers making their tires end up orange and it looks horrible, and i started wondering if adams or CG, tire stuff would do the same not sure the chemical differences,

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, y56dc2 said:

Hey guys, i just got a bunch of adams products, coming from megs and other companies, and i was wondering if tire shine would eventually turn your tires 

orange like Amorall does, if left on for along time, not washed or even using it over and over again, seen so many customers complain about other detailers making their tires end up orange and it looks horrible, and i started wondering if adams or CG, tire stuff would do the same not sure the chemical differences,

Thanks!

Good Question! I have not had that problem. As long as you clean the tires with the tire and rubber cleaner, then agitate it, then rinse it off and let it dry. After that apply tire shine. I washed my car probably about 3 weeks ago maybe 4 this weekend. My tires are not shiny but still have a bit of shine left on it. Tires are very much still black.  And I have driven it ever day. It really is good stuff. So no the answer is no to will it eventually turn your tires orange ?

1 minute ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Good Question! I have not had that problem. As long as you clean the tires with the tire and rubber cleaner, then agitate it, then rinse it off and let it dry. After that apply tire shine. I washed my car probably about 3 weeks ago maybe 4 this weekend. My tires are not shiny but still have a bit of shine left on it. Tires are very much still black.  And I have driven it ever day. It really is good stuff. So no the answer is no to will it eventually turn your tires orange ?

the tires ive seen that end up orange are people that left the amorall on the tires and not washed it off for long periods of time more than one month, im considering trying it on a spare tire just to see if it does a few months without being rinsed off and just left on there or even reapplied on top without being rinsed off

2 minutes ago, y56dc2 said:

the tires ive seen that end up orange are people that left the amorall on the tires and not washed it off for long periods of time more than one month, im considering trying it on a spare tire just to see if it does a few months without being rinsed off and just left on there or even reapplied on top without being rinsed off

I will not ever use armorall on any cars of mine. It is a very bad product. It will dry rot your ties and same with your interior. Definitely don't use it in the interior. Your dash will crack and dry rot as well.  

Just now, ObsessedDetailer said:

I will not ever use armorall on any cars of mine. It is a very bad product. It will dry rot your ties and same with your interior. Definitely don't use it in the interior. Your dash will crack and dry rot as well.  

theres a detailing shop here in my town that amorall's the whole car, door panels, dash, steering wheel, and when we get the cars that are from them i hate even touching them haha its a pain

Just now, y56dc2 said:

theres a detailing shop here in my town that amorall's the whole car, door panels, dash, steering wheel, and when we get the cars that are from them i hate even touching them haha its a pain

That is terrible haha. I hate the greasy slickness of it. You shouldn't slide all over your sear while driving after a car wash. I have never used their products. Not a fan.