Customer Service 866.965.0400

Issues with rags/detail spray

mjshaw130

Question

Hey guys,

So the past few months I’ve noticed that whenever I spray detail spray on my bike or truck and I use a microfiber to rub it off, lint sticks to either like glue. The only way to then get it off is use waterless wash or rewash. I have washed them numerous times, and I have also tried using brand new ones out of a bag, and same thing. Wtf is going on!? 

7 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, mjshaw130 said:

Washing machine with laundry detergent, NO softener, and dry on low to almost no heat in the dryer with a lint sheet to remove the lint. And that is all after letting everything sit in a bucket in the strong Adam’s microfiber revitalizer. 

What sort of laundry detergent? Do you use MRB in the wash, too? It can be used by itself. And as @joelilton23 said, it may also be the lint sheet.

When is the last time you clayed/deconed?

Check out this article on the proper way to take care of your towels.

Edited by falcaineer

Definitely no lint sheets in the dryer, they will clog the fibers like fabric softener. Just dry them on low/delicate with nothing else except other MF towels. I hope you are also washing them separate from other types of towels and clothing. Those towels may have been compromised. Best to get a few new towels and wash and dry them properly first and see if you get the same results. The MRB is really a great product if you are washing MF towels regularly and well worth the investment in a gallon.

Edited by Editguy