Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2o guard and gloss ?????

Stone

Question

1 hour ago, Stone said:

Can someone give me a run down on this stuff. Is it worth it ? Can I apply it to dry paint ? How long does it last ? Will it work on plastic ? Thanks. 

First, welcome! Be sure to post an intro on the New Member forum.

HGG is absolutely worth it! My favorite Adam's product. It can be used as a boost to the Paint Sealant every month or so, and/or as a standalone sealant. It's a water-activated acrylic resin, and is usually applied as you dry the car with one wet (borderless grey preferred) towel and one dry. I love the smell, too (grape).

Yes, you can apply it to dry paint using the "dry method." I attached a couple videos below for you to check out. The first is an oldie when it was first released and has some outdated products, but it gives a rundown of the dry application method starting at ~4:45 mark.

For longevity, it can last you a couple months in many cases. However, general practice is to apply it every 3-4 washes.

Yes, it can be used on plastic; it'll turn it darker and make it look great. It can also be used on glass, chrome, rubber trim...essentially the entire car. OK, not tires :willy:. But it does work on the rims.

It should also be noted many like the new Ceramic Boost 2.0, but I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

In the end, I highly recommend you get the HGG - I truly doubt you'll be disappointed. But if you are, Adam's has a 110% guarantee, so you have nothing to lose!

Edited by falcaineer

As @falcaineer and @pirahnah3 pointed out HGG is great stuff. I was a bit apprehensive the first time I used it even after watching the video's and doing a lot of reading on the Forum, I just wasn't sure it would do what I was reading.  I never mind seeing the proof of what other advocate for myself especially when it is easy use.

I prefer the wet method myself and I have found that Less is more.  I go panel by panel and if I see it starting to streak, then I know my towels are saturated and I swap towels, it is also a pretty good indication that I've sprayed too much on the vehicle.  I hit the car once a month with HGG and then in between I use Detail Spray as the drying agent.  I also keep my towels for HGG separate and wash them immediately after use.  

Just used G&G on my wifes GTI after washing the car with Wash & Wax. 

Will the Wash and Wax hinder the agents at all? Should I was with a normal soap prior to the G&G and then use the W&W for my maintenance washes?

When I was applying the G&G I was using this microfiber : https://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/microfiber-towels/adam-s-single-soft-microfiber-towel.html

Whats the best way to clean the grey G*G from the towel? Normal MF towel cleaner? I noticed it went on really easily at the start. Towards the end when my towel was getting pretty saturated, I was having issues removing with my clean dry towel. I found I needed to wipe with the wet towel with the G&G and then immediately wipe off with the clean to streaks. What am I doing wrong? 

42 minutes ago, MilesToEmpty said:

Just used G&G on my wifes GTI after washing the car with Wash & Wax. 

Will the Wash and Wax hinder the agents at all? Should I was with a normal soap prior to the G&G and then use the W&W for my maintenance washes?

When I was applying the G&G I was using this microfiber : https://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/microfiber-towels/adam-s-single-soft-microfiber-towel.html

Whats the best way to clean the grey G*G from the towel? Normal MF towel cleaner? I noticed it went on really easily at the start. Towards the end when my towel was getting pretty saturated, I was having issues removing with my clean dry towel. I found I needed to wipe with the wet towel with the G&G and then immediately wipe off with the clean to streaks. What am I doing wrong? 

No issues at all using both W&W and the HGG together, so your choice of when to use one or both.

Best way to clean is immediately after use with the MRB, warm cycle, extra rinse (if available), and HGG towels by themselves. I prefer to use the grey borderless vs. single soft, as you may get some staining on the white.

If your towel becomes saturated, just switch to a new wet towel. You're probably using too much product...I start with the hood, 5-6 sprays, then it should only take a couple sprays or so per panel as you work your way around the car. 

1 hour ago, GXPaycheck said:

I hadn't even thought about using them, but that is great idea.  I just got a package of them and with a MR2 coming in this weekend, I'll get a chance to try this method.  Thanks for passing on the info.

I just did an impeccable job doing a very nice job with Liquid Paint Sealant on my Gen V Viper. I washed and clayed the vehicle =, then hit it with LPS.  Would it be beneficial to go over the LPS with H2O Guard and Gloss, or is that over kill?  Car is white with Blue stripes (GTS-R) and looks unbelievably clean with just the LPS applied.  I was considering doing the dry method with a damp towel for some extra shine.  Any thoughts?

Edited by ACRCAR

15 minutes ago, ACRCAR said:

I just did an impeccable job doing a very nice job with Liquid Paint Sealant on my Gen V Viper. I washed and clayed the vehicle =, then hit it with LPS.  Would it be beneficial to go over the LPS with H2O Guard and Gloss, or is that over kill?  Car is white with Blue stripes (GTS-R) and looks unbelievably clean with just the LPS applied.  I was considering doing the dry method with a damp towel for some extra shine.  Any thoughts?

Agreed with @pirahnah3, do it without hesitation. And reapply it every 3-4 washes or so. By the way, HGG gives an incredible shine on white. You're gonna love it.

Quick tip...you don't have to do the dry method...just spray the car, then apply HGG as normal using the wet method. The dry tends to use more product than the wet as it's sprayed into the towel.

Edited by falcaineer

21 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Agreed with @pirahnah3, do it without hesitation. And reapply it every 3-4 washes or so. By the way, HGG gives an incredible shine on white. You're gonna love it.

Quick tip...you don't have to do the dry method...just spray the car, then apply HGG as normal using the wet method. The dry tends to use more product than the wet as it's sprayed into the towel.

Agree with @pirahnah3 and @falcaineer and for an extra Pop for the night out or show, go over the car with Brilliant Glaze.  LPS + HGG + BG on White = WOW!  Be advised the extra pop from BG does not last very long, which is why I reserve it for a special night or show.

Thanks for the advice. I think I will throw on a coat using the dry method since the car is already impeccably clean from the recent detail. Not worried about using extra product as I have plenty and could always order more. Might try some BG on top of the HGG just cause I like detailing and I would love some extra pop. 

Thanks for for the tips!

Never thought of applying HGG dry.  It makes sense though especially if you are already done washing the car and don’t want to go through the whole drying stage again.  Thanks for the tip all!

14 hours ago, ACRCAR said:

Anyone apply HGG then LPS thereafter? Can it be done like this, or will results not be as good? Reason I ask is because it is an easy way to dry off car after the wash using the HGG

Always apply the most durable layer first.  The acrylic sealant in Paint Sealant gets its longer life by bonding to clean, bare paint.  Any product applied to the paint under the Paint Sealant affects this bonding and reduces the protection lifespan of the Paint Sealant.