Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pet hair

bobfred44

Question

Can anybody give me some hints on removing pet hair, dog and/or cats, from interiors. Some cars I have no problems but for some reason, my Jeep cloth interior is the worst. Vacuuming just does not doe it. Maybe my new Va n Blo from Adams will do the trick but it was just shipped so I need creative ideas. Thanks.

19 answers to this question

My wife has a new Subaru and I was stuck in what sounds like the same situation. I got one of those rollers, cheap throw away deal, that have the sticky stuff on it in tear away sections/sheets. It works for me.

My wife has a new Subaru and I was stuck in what sounds like the same situation. I got one of those rollers, cheap throw away deal, that have the sticky stuff on it in tear away sections/sheets. It works for me.

+1

I always use one on the headliner before I trade my trucks in :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We have a cheap little lint "brush" (don't know what else to call it). It's a small plastic thing that flips open and has a pad inside that if you rub it one way it's rough, and if you rub it the other way, it's smooth. You use the rough side to brush up the pet hair (in my case cat hair) and then take it off the brush by rubbing the smooth side. Works great!

Pledge makes a new pet hair remover. Our local TV station tests new products and I remember seeing this on one of their tests. They said it works real well. Maybe try that if it's available in your area.

http://www.pledge.com/fabric-sweeper/?sid=OLA&cid=google_pallover

Okay, I just found this idea:

" just use a bottle of water (or Febreze) and a rubber glove. Lightly mist the furniture with the water, then run your gloved hand over it. The hair comes off like magic! I have tried every contraption and product known to man and this is by far the best method."

Somebody try it and let is know if it works!

Edited by Rich

Can anybody give me some hints on removing pet hair, dog and/or cats, from interiors. Some cars I have no problems but for some reason, my Jeep cloth interior is the worst. Vacuuming just does not doe it. Maybe my new Va n Blo from Adams will do the trick but it was just shipped so I need creative ideas. Thanks.

I have the EXACT same problem with my Jeep. The cloth upolstery has tight loops that hold onto individule hairs tightly. It takes many passes with a shop vac to get them all off.

I used our Dyson house vac with the pet hair attachment and it works better, but Princess has kittens when she see me heading to the driveway with it.

Two possible solutions :

Vacuum the dog before allowing him/her in the Jeep.

or

SHAVE the dog !!! :eek:. ..............

....... I'm thinking ! ..........

dv

I have the EXACT same problem with my Jeep. The cloth upolstery has tight loops that hold onto individule hairs tightly. It takes many passes with a shop vac to get them all off.

I used our Dyson house vac with the pet hair attachment and it works better, but Princess has kittens when she see me heading to the driveway with it.

Two possible solutions :

Vacuum the dog before allowing him/her in the Jeep.

or

SHAVE the dog !!! :eek:. ..............

....... I'm thinking ! ..........

dv

Like they say, "It must be a Jeep thing". Love the comments about vacuuming the dog or shaving him. He is an Irish Setter and I don't want to confuse him more than he already is. Thanks.

I shave my Golden for the summer months because you can't keep him out of the water... lol I have also vacuumed him as well. It doesn't help IMO. I was thinking about putting a sweater on him (to hold the hair in) when he's in the car for the trip down to our lake home. I KNOW I KNOW... How gay is that... But But But... My interior is black on black... Ugh...

Like they say, "It must be a Jeep thing". Love the comments about vacuuming the dog or shaving him. He is an Irish Setter and I don't want to confuse him more than he already is. Thanks.

Mine is a Queensland Heeler. He wouldn't sit still long enough to get a shave !!

0,1020,1118173,00.jpg

( No after-shave PLEASE ! )

As a proud servant to 5 shedding cats that love to sleep on furniture, the cheap solution is a damp wash cloth (perferably real terry cloth). It will cause the pet hair to start coming off in chunks that you can then pickoff the cloth.

I think this guy has a bigger problem... apparently BigFoot is living in the back of his SUV! :help:

LMAO!! I was thinking the exact same thing! Those arent hairs, those are friggin quills or something. At that point, you buy a trailor to tow the pet...yuck

LMAO!! I was thinking the exact same thing! Those arent hairs, those are friggin quills or something. At that point, you buy a trailor to tow the pet...yuck

That was under the seat on his F150. He owns a pet grooming shop and uses the truck to transport the pets to/from

Those are DOG hair, just looks like that on High Def:lol:

Well, I finally got the solution for removing the pet hair in my Jeep. The new Vac n Blo from Adams arrive and man, it is great. No problem at all removing the pet hair from the Irish Setter. Thank God, I don't have to shave him, but I do have to chase after him after I turn on the machine and accidentally point the blower end directly at him. Setter's are so strange.......and fast.

If your thinking about a new vac, you got to try this. Great for drying the car also, and made in the USA.:patriot::patriot::patriot: