Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400
  • 0

Had to say my goodbyes...


Coderedpl
 Share

Question

I don't exactly remember when I first purchased the Adams products but I feel like it was 2010 if not earlier. I remember buying a whole bunch of different things ranging from car washing stuff to polishing, waxes, etc. I haven't done many details, primarily due to lack of time, among other things. 

Recently my wife and I picked up a [new to us] car which needed AT LEAST a clay, followed by some swirl removal, so I figured "ah finally!" I'll have to chance to use the products again..........that was shortly followed by disappointment. I luckily only had to do a few panels since I applied PPF over the rest (so the swirls don't exactly 'show') 

Firstly it seems that the actual products have diminished in function over the years, the severe swirl remover just wasn't doing the work, I spent more time trying to get it to work for me than worth it. The foam pads I had, seemed to also have reached their end of life, so that's out, I figured I'll switch over to the white and orange microfiber pads I had and just try with the Orange & White polish. It did help but it also seems like the actual polish might be due for replacement soon. The microfiber pads, although they now need a good cleaning for me to be able to tell which is white and which is orange, seem to work fine. 

 

So now I have basically a brand new bottle of machine sealant, almost new buttery wax and half of the brilliant glaze that are all about the same age of which I'm not entirely sure what to do with.

 

Just waving my goodbyes to the products, the trio is in the trash, and now debating what to do with the rest.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 hours ago, Coderedpl said:

I don't exactly remember when I first purchased the Adams products but I feel like it was 2010 if not earlier. I remember buying a whole bunch of different things ranging from car washing stuff to polishing, waxes, etc. I haven't done many details, primarily due to lack of time, among other things. 

Recently my wife and I picked up a [new to us] car which needed AT LEAST a clay, followed by some swirl removal, so I figured "ah finally!" I'll have to chance to use the products again..........that was shortly followed by disappointment. I luckily only had to do a few panels since I applied PPF over the rest (so the swirls don't exactly 'show') 

Firstly it seems that the actual products have diminished in function over the years, the severe swirl remover just wasn't doing the work, I spent more time trying to get it to work for me than worth it. The foam pads I had, seemed to also have reached their end of life, so that's out, I figured I'll switch over to the white and orange microfiber pads I had and just try with the Orange & White polish. It did help but it also seems like the actual polish might be due for replacement soon. The microfiber pads, although they now need a good cleaning for me to be able to tell which is white and which is orange, seem to work fine. 

 

So now I have basically a brand new bottle of machine sealant, almost new buttery wax and half of the brilliant glaze that are all about the same age of which I'm not entirely sure what to do with.

 

Just waving my goodbyes to the products, the trio is in the trash, and now debating what to do with the rest.

 

I'm not sure what the shelf life of different products are suppose to be (I think I saw it discussed somewhere on this forum), but if you bought these 8 years ago... that seems like a long time to expect the products to hold up; especially if they weren't stored in a climate controlled environment. If they were in a garage or shed, and exposed to extreme high and low temps over that period of time, I'd think those products have exceeded their life expectancy and are now trash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
39 minutes ago, rseward said:

I'm not sure what the shelf life of different products are suppose to be (I think I saw it discussed somewhere on this forum), but if you bought these 8 years ago... that seems like a long time to expect the products to hold up; especially if they weren't stored in a climate controlled environment. If they were in a garage or shed, and exposed to extreme high and low temps over that period of time, I'd think those products have exceeded their life expectancy and are now trash.

Oh I know. Believe it or not, they held up when over the 2 year mark, as I definitely used them a bit from that time period, granted I'm sure they didnt work as-well and made my life harder but they worked nonetheless. 

 

I'm just posting for the sole purpose of sharing, and friendly discussion. Seeing as winter is coming, I'm doing a "winter clean-up" per-se, it just seriously sucks to have to throw-away almost brand new bottles, but it is what it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 minutes ago, Coderedpl said:

Oh I know. Believe it or not, they held up when over the 2 year mark, as I definitely used them a bit from that time period, granted I'm sure they didnt work as-well and made my life harder but they worked nonetheless. 

 

I'm just posting for the sole purpose of sharing, and friendly discussion. Seeing as winter is coming, I'm doing a "winter clean-up" per-se, it just seriously sucks to have to throw-away almost brand new bottles, but it is what it is. 

Ya, that sucks...

 

There might be member interested in some of your older products for the purpose of collecting (with no intention of using them).  If you have some with the older labels, they may be collectible to somebody. You can try posting them in the garage sale area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...