Customer Service 866.965.0400

Heard some rumblings once....

Heard some rumblings once about Adams bringing a micro polisher to market, using 1” or 2” pads. 

Does anyone have insight to this? 

(And if it’s just rumour, please consider this a suggestion) 

If pricing can be kept inline with the rest of the SK products, you’d have a world beater!

Edited by DanITD
Incomplete structure

9 hours ago, DanITD said:

Heard some rumblings once about Adams bringing a micro polisher to market, using 1” or 2” pads. 

If pricing can be kept inline with the rest of the SK products, you’d have a world beater!

One can hope! While the Rupes Nano I own is very cool, there are certain things about it I would like to be improved upon. If Adam's released one I would definitely try one out. 

3 hours ago, cwp2016nd said:

One can hope! While the Rupes Nano I own is very cool, there are certain things about it I would like to be improved upon. If Adam's released one I would definitely try one out. 

What don’t you like about the Rupes Nano? While I understand it is expensive and more of a “specialty” tool, I absolutely love mine. 

1 hour ago, BHarris23 said:

What don’t you like about the Rupes Nano? While I understand it is expensive and more of a “specialty” tool, I absolutely love mine. 

Stalling issues with the bigger pads. You have to pay SO much attention to keeping it perfectly flat in order for the pad to keep spinning. Wish I could use the rotary function with the 2” pads but they don’t want you to. 

I will keep playing with it but for $600 I was a little underwhelmed initially. Super cool tool, just lacks in certain areas. I’m going to buy a bunch more pads and keep trying different things with it. 

As always, you need certain tools in your arsenal and a very small polisher is essential which is why I will keep it until I learn to like it or find something to replace it. 

@cwp2016nd we have talked about your nano issues before. I wish you lived closer so we could sit down and see what’s going on with it. We use our nano a bunch and none of the three of us have the stalling issues you describe. I don’t know if you have a bad machine or if it’s a technique thing. Pressure is the biggest thing with the nano. The tool has to do all the work where with a big polisher you can force it a bit with more pressure. 

All told, it’s still a favorite tool in our arsenal. 

I’m with @shane@detailedreflections on this one. Either the tool is defective or it’s technique. Never had any stalling issues. And I don’t understand why they wouldn’t want you to use the rotary function with the 2” pads. I used it quite a bit because there are times you can’t use a random orbital with a 2” pad due to the surface being in a tricky spot. 

1 hour ago, BHarris23 said:

I’m with @shane@detailedreflections on this one. Either the tool is defective or it’s technique. Never had any stalling issues. And I don’t understand why they wouldn’t want you to use the rotary function with the 2” pads. I used it quite a bit because there are times you can’t use a random orbital with a 2” pad due to the surface being in a tricky spot. 

I agree on using the rotary with a 2" pad.  We've done so without issues.  It's not our typical rotary set up, but we do use it.  It does sling polish everywhere, but you want the polish to let the pad slip and cut.  

2 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

@cwp2016nd we have talked about your nano issues before. I wish you lived closer so we could sit down and see what’s going on with it. We use our nano a bunch and none of the three of us have the stalling issues you describe. I don’t know if you have a bad machine or if it’s a technique thing. Pressure is the biggest thing with the nano. The tool has to do all the work where with a big polisher you can force it a bit with more pressure. 

I'm going to continue playing with it and see if I can refine my technique. I am very careful with ANY pressure for the fact you have to let the machine do the work. I will just tweak it until it works for me. 

As a side note, I am only a ferry ride away from you B)

1 hour ago, cwp2016nd said:

I'm going to continue playing with it and see if I can refine my technique. I am very careful with ANY pressure for the fact you have to let the machine do the work. I will just tweak it until it works for me. 

As a side note, I am only a ferry ride away from you B)

If you ever want to take the ferry ride and see if we can figure out what’s going on with that nano of yours, my door is open. And a beer. 

On 9/26/2018 at 3:07 AM, shane@detailedreflections said:

On 9/26/2018 at 3:11 AM, BHarris23 said:

I did some more testing on my Miata this past weekend. I got it down where I kept the pad rotating and working. I still prefer the rotary function with the smaller pads, but I was able to maintain rotation with both the 1" and 2" pads in dual action mode. 

What I did wrong before was use pressure. Even the slightest bit of pressure and it stalls, but if I keep it perfectly flat on the panel (as flat as possible) and just hold the polisher there it will keep spinning. Worked out great and I will now build my arsenal of 1-2" pads for it. 

Thanks guys. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 8:35 AM, DanITD said:

Possibly could be part of a big Black Friday drop with all the buzz going around. Wish I could confirm or deny!!

On 9/25/2018 at 10:35 AM, DanITD said:

That would be a great addition to the line up!