Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need help please - adapter for SunJoe SPX-3500 pressure washer hose


riderjwc
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have the SunJoe SPX-3500 pressure washer.  The hose for it has what I think is an unusual connector on each end of their hose.  I can't find an adapter that will allow me to hook it to my Adams's Foam Gun and Cannon combo.  Each end of the SunJoe hose appears to have a 3/8" male connector inside a standard thread female garden hose connector (see attached photos).  Does anyone know where I can find such a connector?  I couldn't find anything that works at Lowes Home Improvement or Home Depot.  

IMG_2138[1].JPG

IMG_2139[1].JPG

IMG_2140[1].JPG

Edited by riderjwc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 attach the hose to the wand that came with the sunjoe then attach the foam cannon to the end of the wand. They both have quick connect fittings. 

 

 If you attach the hose directly to the foam cannon how would that even work with no trigger? Do you have a snub nose handle?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/pressure-washing/products/adapter-for-ar-blue-sunjoe-other-m22-15mm

 

I believe this is what you need, there are a few other parts on the OG page you may need to if you are looking to make it all quick disconnect. EDIT: you are trying to connect the hose to your pressure washer wand, and not straight to the foam cannon correct?

Edited by Devon527
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, SSilver07 said:

 

34 minutes ago, Devon527 said:

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/pressure-washing/products/adapter-for-ar-blue-sunjoe-other-m22-15mm

 

I believe this is what you need, there are a few other parts on the OG page you may need to if you are looking to make it all quick disconnect. EDIT: you are trying to connect the hose to your pressure washer wand, and not straight to the foam cannon correct?

 

2 hours ago, riderjwc said:

I have the SunJoe SPX-3500 pressure washer.  The hose for it has what I think is an unusual connector on each end of their hose.  I can't find an adapter that will allow me to hook it to my Adams's Foam Gun and Cannon combo.  Each end of the SunJoe hose appears to have a 3/8" male connector inside a standard thread female garden hose connector (see attached photos).  Does anyone know where I can find such a connector?  I couldn't find anything that works at Lowes Home Improvement or Home Depot.  

IMG_2138[1].JPG

IMG_2139[1].JPG

IMG_2140[1].JPG

These are both right answers. I will throw in a third answer. Mine is from Home Depot. I think it is the 3/8th coupler. Maybe 6-8 bucks and that way you don’t have to pay for shipping

image.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm trying to to get these two to connect (see below photo).  The black hose/connector is the SunJoe pressure washer hose and you can see the inside of it better in the above photos.  The male end inside the hose connector is indeed 15mm (I had to put a caliper on it to be sure).  That's why the 1/4" adapter the others suggested won't work (it's roughly 1mm too small to connect).  So, Devon, do you think I'll need all 4 parts shown in the link you provided to make this work? 

 

BTW, thanks a lot SunJoe for making it difficult for those of us who don't have YOUR foam cannon.  I won't be buying any more of your products.  You got greedy by trying to make those of us who already had a foam cannon equipment/trigger buy yours too.  

984063090_IMG_21791.thumb.JPG.26c3a0ca84b56bdf00ecb4425d8463a3.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

 

 

These are both right answers. I will throw in a third answer. Mine is from Home Depot. I think it is the 3/8th coupler. Maybe 6-8 bucks and that way you don’t have to pay for shipping

image.jpg

 

I agree that this is what I would need IF the other end of the brass fitting in your photo (the end not visible) slips over a 3/8" male end.   It's difficult to eyeball and I don't expect you to disconnect your adapter and measure it so, is there a model number on the adapter or do you still have the label that was attached to this adapter? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, riderjwc said:

 

I agree that this is what I would need IF the other end of the brass fitting in your photo (the end not visible) slips over a 3/8" male end.   It's difficult to eyeball and I don't expect you to disconnect your adapter and measure it so, is there a model number on the adapter or do you still have the label that was attached to this adapter? 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-Care-3-8-in-Female-Quick-Connect-x-Male-M22-Connector-for-Pressure-Washer-AP31041B/100664033 

 

This should be what you need. I have the same set up I have that hose as well as the snub nose presser washer handle.

 

i would maybe bring your handle in to the store with you to see if it will connect onto the hose just to be safe 

Edited by ObsessedDetailer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got this kit on Amazon because I had the same problem matching up to a Craftsman pressure washer. Works perfectly and exactly what I needed to be able to use my Snub Nose & Foam Cannon. Plus who doesn’t need a few extra fittings just in case ??!

 

Mingle Ultimate Pressure Washer Adapter Set, Quick Disconnect Kit, M22 Swivel to 3/8'' Quick Connect, 3/4" to Quick Release, 8-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DTBC67D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_4QoUBb1XQY1BF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks to everyone on the forum for your helpful advice.  After reading your suggestions, I figured out how I may be able to solve my problem with tools I already have (a necessity since I have little remaining space in my garage for any additional), so I got an off-the-shelf garden hose quick connector, took a 5/8" drill bit (yes, I discovered that it took a 5/8" hole to clear the rubber washer on the  connector on the SunJoe hose) and drilled out the center to make a "proprietary" connector of my own.  Worked like a charm (see photos).  

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

Edited by riderjwc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, riderjwc said:

Thanks to everyone on the forum for your helpful advice.  After reading your suggestions, I figured out how I may be able to solve my problem with tools I already have (a necessity since I have little remaining space in my garage for any additional), so I got an off-the-shelf garden hose quick connector, took a 5/8" drill bit (yes, I discovered that it took a 5/8" hole to clear the rubber washer on the  connector on the SunJoe hose) and drilled out the center to make a "proprietary" connector of my own.  Worked like a charm (see photos).  

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

 

Problem solved, nice job!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...