Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foaming Your Engine Bay??

jstaples17

Question

12 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, jstaples17 said:

The title should be pretty straight forward. Can you? Should you? Besides the always electrical concerns if you do what else should you be watching for?

thx, Jordan 

I don’t see why you couldn’t,  you might have better results using TRC, or APC. But I don’t see that there would be a problem as long as you covered any intakes and exposed electrical components 

I don’t think I’d foam the engine bay. Use an APC since it’s more degreaser and that’s what you want in there. We use that, a brush gently and a hose. That way we aren’t forcing water where it shouldn’t be. Engine bays take work to make them look their best. 

You really don't need to get nutty with your engine bay.  I have 2 approaches, one for keeping a clean bay clean and one for getting a dirty bay clean.

1. Keep clean clean:  Use Waterless Wash and an Edgeless, just spray and wipe.  I chose to leave it naked (no dressings of any kind) when I had this car.

eoyVSha.jpg

2. Make dirty clean: Use APC and a cheap microfiber you can throw away when you're done.  Just to experiment I wiped this down with Interior Detailer once I got it cleaned.

AOooBqQ.jpg

Edited by zw470