Customer Service 866.965.0400

2 stage paint correction and full detail on my Alltrack

bikeryder007

So, I did a 2 stage paint correction and full detail on my Alltrack. It was a TON of work, but I am really happy with how it turned out. It looked great right after using the finishing polish. Then, I sealed the paint and let it cure. But it really took on a crazy shine after the brilliant glaze and a coat of Americana. 
Process used: strip wash, iron remover, clay, correcting polish, then finishing polish, paint sealant, brilliant glaze and a coat of Americana. 
Adams products used: strip wash, two buckets, new wash mitt, hose sprayer, iron remover, shampoo, tire and wheel brushes,
Drying towel, detail spray, 15mm swirl killer, 5 orange pads, 4 white pads, correcting and finishing polish. VRT, tire shine, glaze, Americana and a boatload of microfiber towels.

I read a lot of advice on here before I started, and just wanted to say thanks.   

fullsizeoutput_d72.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d63.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d61.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d69.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d6f.jpeg

SsOBMryOTIGDfaaGDirf6Q.jpg

fullsizeoutput_d6c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d64.jpeg

YsWQ15NARvCbBEkgHK0WFw.jpg

1 hour ago, bikeryder007 said:

So, I did a 2 stage paint correction and full detail on my Alltrack. It was a TON of work, but I am really happy with how it turned out. It looked great right after using the finishing polish. Then, I sealed the paint and let it cure. But it really took on a crazy shine after the brilliant glaze and a coat of Americana. 
Process used: strip wash, iron remover, clay, correcting polish, then finishing polish, paint sealant, brilliant glaze and a coat of Americana. 
Adams products used: strip wash, two buckets, new wash mitt, hose sprayer, iron remover, shampoo, tire and wheel brushes,
Drying towel, detail spray, 15mm swirl killer, 5 orange pads, 4 white pads, correcting and finishing polish. VRT, tire shine, glaze, Americana and a boatload of microfiber towels.

I read a lot of advice on here before I started, and just wanted to say thanks.   

fullsizeoutput_d72.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d63.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d61.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d69.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d6f.jpeg

SsOBMryOTIGDfaaGDirf6Q.jpg

fullsizeoutput_d6c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d64.jpeg

YsWQ15NARvCbBEkgHK0WFw.jpg

Wow Jeremy!! That looks INCREDIBLE!!! I love the way the red really pops!! Great job!

11 minutes ago, Bscott94 said:

Wow that is amazing. I assume it's a new car. How many miles? It looks like it went straight from the dealership to your driveway to be Adamized. 

I got the car in January, but it had sat on the dealer lot for a while.  It now has right under 10,000 miles on it.  I am just glad I got it where I want it now, so

it should be easier to take care of now. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Looks great! VWs have pretty 'soft' paint, I've noticed especially the red and the Mk7 generation. We have a red 2017 Alltrack with about 26k miles that's my Wife's ride. I've found that after trying Adam's One step polish it'll get out 95% of defects on this paint. Then I touch up deeper stuff with a heavier cut and blend back with one step. Whereas it's more like 75-80% on other vehicles I've tried it on (Infiniti Q50s & Porsche Cayman; Friends cars).

The Americana gives great shine (as does the Brilliant Glaze). I use both on my weekender (E36 M3). But longevity isn't great when I tried a coat on my DD (2017 GTI). The paint sealant we get a good 6 months out of with H20G&G about once a month as a paint sealant booster. VRT as you used works great on all the cladding the Alltrack has and will last all winter. 

Here's ours (on winter wheels) after winter prep. 

tR3vVpQh.jpg

Enjoy the Alltrack. Just make sure to remove the rear spider traps for the pano roof! If you need more info check the pinned post on the FB Alltrack group or PM me. 

Edited by Sump