Customer Service 866.965.0400

Obsessed Garage Citrus Decon Wash

ObsessedDetailer

I am curious to know if anyone here has ever used Matt Morman's Citrus decontamination wash. If so what are your thoughts? How well does it work? Is it worth trying out? How much does it cost? I  know thats a lot of questions but he just made an instagram post saying he's got more in stock here soon so I was wondering if anyone can give me their thoughts!

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/decontamination/products/c1-citrus-wash

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

I read that as well that it was CG citrus wash. He also said he use to mix Adam’s APC with CS to make a strip wash. My question is why not just use Adam’s Strip wash and save the hassle? 

Because the cost of mixing is cheaper than buying strip wash. CS is $10, SW is $15. If you mix a capful of APC, the mix is FAR cheaper than SW

10 hours ago, Wy_detailing said:

He uses chemical guys citrus wash red, it’s a good stripping shampoo but they stopped selling it a little while back and he bought the last few drums. He is working on making his own formula of citrus decon wash now that’s purple!

I knew it was CG but didn’t don’t jmow how well it worked. Thanks Wyatt!

7 hours ago, Iceman said:

I read that as well that it was CG citrus wash. He also said he use to mix Adam’s APC with CS to make a strip wash. My question is why not just use Adam’s Strip wash and save the hassle? 

Because this soap is more effective at removing old layers of protection as well as "decontaminating" the paint (removing traffic film from the paint) being that it is NOT PH neutral like Adam's strip wash.

Strip wash is designed to "strip" old waxes and sealants, not new ones. 

17 minutes ago, cwp2016nd said:

Because this soap is more effective at removing old layers of protection as well as "decontaminating" the paint (removing traffic film from the paint) being that it is NOT PH neutral like Adam's strip wash.

Strip wash is designed to "strip" old waxes and sealants, not new ones. 

Ok thanks for the explanation.  So will any strip wash that is not PH balanced like Adam’s strip new sealants like ceramic coatings? 

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

Ok thanks for the explanation.  So will any strip wash that is not PH balanced like Adam’s strip new sealants like ceramic coatings? 

A ceramic coating will typically have to be polished off, with the higher end coatings needing wetsanding/heavy compounding to remove. 

I should add most ceramic coatings are designed to withstand harsher chemicals such as degreasers with a PH level in the 10-12 range. 

A PH neutral soap will have a tough time removing a synthetic paint sealant that is fresh. You may have to wash it multiple times where as a higher PH soap should do it in one or two washes. 

Edited by cwp2016nd

9 minutes ago, cwp2016nd said:

A ceramic coating will typically have to be polished off, with the higher end coatings needing wetsanding/heavy compounding to remove. 

A PH neutral soap will have a tough time removing a synthetic paint sealant that is fresh. You may have to wash it multiple times where as a higher PH soap should do it in one or two washes. 

Got it, and thanks for the help understanding the differences in strip washes.

Would you say Adam’s CC could be removed with a high PH strip wash or would it need to be polished off?  I’m thinking about CC my truck with Adam’s but I want to know what I’m looking at for removal/maintenance if I do

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

Got it, and thanks for the help understanding the differences in strip washes.

Would you say Adam’s CC could be removed with a high PH strip wash or would it need to be polished off?  I’m thinking about CC my truck with Adam’s but I want to know what I’m looking at for removal/maintenance if I do

Shane has mentioned that Adam's CC can be removed with polishing. Chemicals will not remove the coating.

If you ever want to recoat the vehicle, you can go through the same preparation process you initially did (light clay, iron remover) and just give it a light polish and re-apply.

6 minutes ago, cwp2016nd said:

Shane has mentioned that Adam's CC can be removed with polishing. Chemicals will not remove the coating.

If you ever want to recoat the vehicle, you can go through the same preparation process you initially did (light clay, iron remover) and just give it a light polish and re-apply.

OK got it, thanks again!