Customer Service 866.965.0400

Winterize 2016 Dodge 2500 short bed pricing

coral farmer

Question

My wife's coworker ask if I could winterize her truck.  My question is what would you charge for services.  I know @shane@detailedreflections did an awesome write up on pricing.  I am not trying to start a business or even a business hobby, but would like to be paid reasonably for the job, I'm thinking $20/hr, so overall price $200 to $250.  Your help is always appreciated.

3 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, coral farmer said:

My wife's coworker ask if I could winterize her truck.  My question is what would you charge for services.  I know @shane@detailedreflections did an awesome write up on pricing.  I am not trying to start a business or even a business hobby, but would like to be paid reasonably for the job, I'm thinking $20/hr, so overall price $200 to $250.  Your help is always appreciated.

As long as you’re happy with the compensation, that’s all that matters. Don’t forget to account for your materials. And don’t underestimate them. Pads wear, towels wear, etc. 

Like he said if it makes you happy and the customer is fine with it then 20 would be good. I love detailing, love it. But if I’m not doing my own cars or families I price ALL my stuff at 30 an hour. If I think something will take 2 hours then that’s 60 for me. If people think that’s too high then they can go somewhere else. It’s not my main source of income so idc if I get the job or not lol.

I detail a little on the side, mostly friends and family.  The extra cash pretty much pays for all my detailing stuff. 

Most people get what I call a "basic detail".  It's a thorough wash, clay bar, paint sealant, and interior detail.  No polishing.  I charge 150 for small cars and 200 for trucks.