Customer Service 866.965.0400

Re Polish or Wait?

m1lkb0x

Question

I did a 2 step polish on my car along with pain sealant to get it ready for winter in october, I had to take my car to the dealer for a service and they gave it a "courtesy wash" now there are swirls everywhere. Is it worth re polishing or should i just wait till spring when the snowy winter is over?

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, m1lkb0x said:

I did a 2 step polish on my car along with pain sealant to get it ready for winter in october, I had to take my car to the dealer for a service and they gave it a "courtesy wash" now there are swirls everywhere. Is it worth re polishing or should i just wait till spring when the snowy winter is over?

Its up to you really. You could probably get away with just a finishing polish and resealing it up again. 

And I would pick up a “do not wash” mirror hanger. At that point if they mess it up, it’s on them to fix it. We give one to every client who gets a coating done since they’re harder to fix. 

1 hour ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Its up to you really. You could probably get away with just a finishing polish and resealing it up again. 

And I would pick up a “do not wash” mirror hanger. At that point if they mess it up, it’s on them to fix it. We give one to every client who gets a coating done since they’re harder to fix. 

Great idea on the Do No Wash mirror hanger.  I always have it written on the service order, but we know how well they are read sometimes.    With the Chevy's I don't have to worry about it locally since the dealer knows my vehicles and the detailer always checks out my truck.   

I though about doing it to my car too. @m1lkb0x But i think I might just add another layer of wax maybe even two. I just don't see the point in re polishing since its gonna get all dirty and swirled up this winter. especially in Colorado with how much sand/salt they unload in to the streets. With it being my only car since im 18 lol i know it will get beat up over the winter. thats why Im gonna wait.

@shane@detailedreflections That is a great idea. My car went to the ford dealership for a few things that were wrong with it and they cleaned it but did such a bad job that parts of the car were still dirty, glass was all streaky, scratches everywhere. so i re polished the bigger and worse sections. but that is a very smart idea. i will have to look into that. 

With my regular repair shop I never have to worry about the DISO (Dealer Installed Swirl Option), as I am their 'preferred' detailer! :)   But since we getting a new car with a maintenance agreement I printed one of the warning hangers and keep it in the glove box.