Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Coating which to go with

josephs8

Question

I am looking at getting my Tesla Model 3 ceramic coated. I am debating whether I wan't to do it myself with a coating from Adams, or if I should go with something like Opti-Coat Pro. Is there a huge difference between the two? Are there advantages/disadvantages to either one? I am still relatively new to the whole ceramic coating world so I am looking for some guidance on where to start. 

2 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, josephs8 said:

I am looking at getting my Tesla Model 3 ceramic coated. I am debating whether I wan't to do it myself with a coating from Adams, or if I should go with something like Opti-Coat Pro. Is there a huge difference between the two? Are there advantages/disadvantages to either one? I am still relatively new to the whole ceramic coating world so I am looking for some guidance on where to start. 

You ask questions without simple answers. There are significant differences between a consumer grade coating such as Adams and a pro grade coating like Opti Coat Pro (or others). 

One big difference is for a lot of the pro grade coatings, you should be able to assume the installer has experience and has been trained to install it properly. 

As an installer, we have a proper installation bay that aids in ensuring a good application without high spots. 

The pro grade coatings tend to be more durable as well. Our flagship coating offers nine years of durability. The next one down offers five years. It is available to consumers, but there is no warranty unless installed by an accredited installer. 

Ceramic coatings generally aren’t difficult to work with. They just take patience and facilities for the best results. And knowledge of the entire detailing process. 

Which way to go depends on your goals, comfort, facilities and equipment. Fill in those blanks and we can offer more guidance.