Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400

Red - Through the years


RayS
 Share

Recommended Posts

Earlier today I had to pull up a older picture of one of my vehicles and it reminded me of a few more pictures, one thing lead to another and I realized that while some members understand that I have a thing for Red vehicle, they might not fully understand the depth.  In an effort to share the passion, I'm going share some of the Red vehicles over the years.   While only a fraction of these are "Adam's" vehicles, they were always taken of and it is pretty obvious, at least to me, which ones had Adam's and which ones had other stuff on them. 

 

Please enjoy a few Red vehicle pictures, ignore the big White thing and sorry, but I don't have a picture of the Red riding lawn mower, Sunfire, Van or Cruze.

 

First up is a view from the middle of driveway.  Left to right. Malibu, Mustang, Monte Carlo SS, WRX, Top of the Pickup (not sure which one), Impala and in the back, the white thing is a 30 foot motorhome.  Excluding the motor home, I'm sure the theme is starting to take effect.   

 

Second picture:  BMW.  Third - Bike (yes it is dirty, it was before I washed it).  

 

Fourth is the CX5, followed by the Range Rover - which I absolutely hate how dirty the wheels get on it.

 

Next up is the Lexus, followed by my favorite vehicle, the Colorado, sitting in front of the 24 year old S-10 the day I brought the new truck home.  

 

Then we have the Equinox, which had way too many Florida Love Bugs on the front and finally the Club Car.

 

I am currently in discussions on a 77 Vette, I presume you don't need to ask what color it is.😁

 

Partial Driveway.JPG

BMW.JPG

Bike.JPG

CX5.jpg

Range Rover.jpeg

1994 Lexus SC400 - Aug 2018.jpeg

Truck2.JPG

Equinox.jpeg

Club Car 2.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That’s a lot of cars, red cars! Do you keep all your older cars? I always dreamed of it but nowhere to put the cars yet. 

 

Love the Lexus. SC300? Cleanest looking one I’ve ever seen. 

Wish I had a flatter driveway like you do. Mine is a slope... something to remind myself of on next home. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LuckyKorean said:

That’s a lot of cars, red cars! Do you keep all your older cars? I always dreamed of it but nowhere to put the cars yet. 

 

Love the Lexus. SC300? Cleanest looking one I’ve ever seen. 

Wish I had a flatter driveway like you do. Mine is a slope... something to remind myself of on next home. 

I don't keep them all for long term, usually about 10 years with the exception of the S-10 that I kept for 24 years and the Mustang which I gave to my oldest daughter.  The SC300 is my son-in-laws daily driver with just over 295,000 miles on it.  The Mustang currently has 201,000 on it.  In contrast my Truck, the Colorado just turned 10,000 and it is 1.5 years old.   With the exception of the Mustang, every vehicle has the original factory paint. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still trying to get the '77 Vette, but I have two others that I'm looking at, one is a Porsche Boxster and the other is a Triumph TR7.  The TR7 would be a full restore, although I am a bit concerned about being able to find viable parts for that one, after I figure out what is missing.  As the person that has it told me, he things most of the parts are there and by seeing the pictures of the inside of the car, it looks like the took they engine apart and just tossed everything (hopefully) inside the car. 

 

The Vette needs a serious cleaning and the interior will need to be redone.  The Boxster is in good shape, just neglected, at least it was kept out of the UV light, so the body and paint are good.  The way I look at, if none of these come through, there are plenty of other Red vehicles out there and I'm bound to find something to work on and make pretty again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RayS said:

I don't keep them all for long term, usually about 10 years with the exception of the S-10 that I kept for 24 years and the Mustang which I gave to my oldest daughter.  The SC300 is my son-in-laws daily driver with just over 295,000 miles on it.  The Mustang currently has 201,000 on it.  In contrast my Truck, the Colorado just turned 10,000 and it is 1.5 years old.   With the exception of the Mustang, every vehicle has the original factory paint. 

Those are old cars with lot of mileage but you kept them looking so good. Hope your son in law has a party at 300k 

 

Porsche Boxster looks fantastic Red.

I been looking at old 2000 Lexus LS400 lately. Most people who drove one of those didn’t really beat it lol I found one in TX with only 31k miles but it was sold ☹️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

@SgtLip to answer the question in the other thread - Yes, I do believe Red vehicles may be a theme.

 

We didn't have the Terrain the last time I updated this thread, so I'll add a picture here.  Plus this thread doesn't include the completed Mustang, 

 

For the record, I couldn't reach a deal on the '77 Vette, so I'm still looking for another vehicle that needs some love.

 

 

Detailed.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, RayS said:

@SgtLip to answer the question in the other thread - Yes, I do believe Red vehicles may be a theme.

 

We didn't have the Terrain the last time I updated this thread, so I'll add a picture here.  Plus this thread doesn't include the completed Mustang, 

 

For the record, I couldn't reach a deal on the '77 Vette, so I'm still looking for another vehicle that needs some love.

 

 

Detailed.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

 

LOVE IT. And they ALL look beautiful. 

 

My wife is a White freak. So her Lexus is white.

I had a Yellow 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Special Edition I purchased new in 2015. I took a job in Texas and it came to an end. I decided to buy an RV for the job in West Virginia and couldn't use the Subaru Crosstrek. So I and traded it for a 2016 Ram Stinger Yellow 1500 Sport. After two years I sold the RV at the end of the job and didn't need the truck. Sold it and got the 2018 Subaru Forester XT Touring. It's the last year they put the turbo in the Forester so the picking was slim. I could only find White or Black. I got the white one and had it vinyl wrapped in Yellow. So I guess you could say I like Yellow cars/trucks. And surprisingly, people still say they didn't see me when they pull out in front of me. Go figure. I heard the police look out for red vehicles. That was another reason why I never went back to red.

 

They look nice.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...