Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Spray Wax

91corvette

Question

10 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, Hamilton Detail said:

The only thing keeping me from trying it, is how expensive it is. 

While I agree it is more expensive than a product you can get in a Big Box store, you also have to consider the longevity of the product.  I also fully recognize the different price model between a consumer product that I'm using for myself and something a professional would use on a client's vehicle that is only there once in a while.

From a consumer or personal use standpoint, if the product lives up to the product details, it will actually cost less if it meets the 1 month longevity as advertised.

Based the cost of Product M from the big box store and Product A after the normal 15% discount and knowing that I get 6 vehicles from Product M per bottle and I suspect Product A will be about the same. 

Here are my calculations:  

M: $8 @ 6 vehicles = $1.33 per vehicle per use
A: $12 @ 6 vehicles = $2.00 per vehicle per use

Product M, lasts 2 weeks
Product A, lasts 4 weeks

Product M has to be redone 26 times
Product A has to be redone 13 times

M: 26 @ $1.33 = $34.58
A: 13 @ $2.00 = $26.00

Now, it is a question of using it and finding out how the longevity is and how the vehicle looks to make a final decision on the actual value.  I ordered one bottle and will be putting it on the wife's car today and then the trial time starts.   By no means,  am I saying that I prefer the higher purchase cost, it would be great if the price was the same as Product M and longer lasting. If Product M were to last 4 weeks instead of 2, then we'd have a different financial pattern.  Also, I have no complaints about how the vehicle looks or ease of use when using Product M, so that is not part of my evaluation process.

I used it on the Rocket after a Rinseless Wash last week.  I probably won't have the car out in the wild for a while but the application was just like a Detail Spray wipe-down.  I already have a pretty solid base of sealant and wax on the car but it looked fantastic after the Spray Wax.

Is it expensive? Maybe.  Not too expensive to buy a bottle and try it out for yourself.  So far I'm quite happy with it.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:51 AM, RayS said:

While I agree it is more expensive than a product you can get in a Big Box store, you also have to consider the longevity of the product.  I also fully recognize the different price model between a consumer product that I'm using for myself and something a professional would use on a client's vehicle that is only there once in a while.

From a consumer or personal use standpoint, if the product lives up to the product details, it will actually cost less if it meets the 1 month longevity as advertised.

Based the cost of Product M from the big box store and Product A after the normal 15% discount and knowing that I get 6 vehicles from Product M per bottle and I suspect Product A will be about the same. 

Here are my calculations:  

M: $8 @ 6 vehicles = $1.33 per vehicle per use
A: $12 @ 6 vehicles = $2.00 per vehicle per use

Product M, lasts 2 weeks
Product A, lasts 4 weeks

Product M has to be redone 26 times
Product A has to be redone 13 times

M: 26 @ $1.33 = $34.58
A: 13 @ $2.00 = $26.00

Now, it is a question of using it and finding out how the longevity is and how the vehicle looks to make a final decision on the actual value.  I ordered one bottle and will be putting it on the wife's car today and then the trial time starts.   By no means,  am I saying that I prefer the higher purchase cost, it would be great if the price was the same as Product M and longer lasting. If Product M were to last 4 weeks instead of 2, then we'd have a different financial pattern.  Also, I have no complaints about how the vehicle looks or ease of use when using Product M, so that is not part of my evaluation process.

I can get a gallon of spray wax from a competitor for $26 a gallon. It has great results and longevity. I’m not paying $60 for a gallon of spray wax. Seems a little crazy to me. I love Adam’s, but they were way behind the industry on this product. And on top of that, the crazy price. 😕

I got a bottle in a MB and started using it when my auto parts store bottle ran out.  I use it on irregular surfaces where it is tough to get an applicator onto, like door jambs, under trunk lid/hood, and inside the gas filler.  Super easy buff out and since it isn’t exposed to the elements, fallout, UV, etc on those surfaces I think I am getting better than a month out of an application.  

Yeah its pricey but we are retail customers even with a discount.  When I lived in Hawaii one of our corvette club members was a pro detailer and bought all his chemicals in bulk from a wholesaler.  You couldn’t walk in the wholesaler’s door without a GET number.  I couldn’t imagine him running a business buying at retail, 16 ounces at a time.  I don’t remember the brand names on the products he used but he did explain to me that many required dilution and were not that forgiving for a DIY’er who made a mistake.  I don’t mind paying extra for a little extra peace of mind.   

Will I actually pay full price for another bottle of spray wax when this one runs out versus going back to the auto parts store?  Hmmm, not sure...

After using the Spray Wax a few times after a Waterless Wash, I added it to my travel kit.  When the weather isn't the nicest or I need to do a quick cleanup on the car, going over it with WW and then Spray Wax makes it look good and the garage always smells good.   I also used to use a Spray Wax from a different vendor before Adam's started selling their own.  The other Spray Wax did a good job and was little bit cheaper.   

What I have noticed is that when I used Adam's vs the other is that it is consistent when used on top of WW.  The other brand, which is a well known vendor, was less cooperative according to temperature and humidity.  As for the price, since I buy these type of products when there is a sale and I use it selectively, the small difference in price is within a reasonable difference.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:34 AM, Hamilton Detail said:

I can get a gallon of spray wax from a competitor for $26 a gallon. It has great results and longevity. I’m not paying $60 for a gallon of spray wax. Seems a little crazy to me. I love Adam’s, but they were way behind the industry on this product. And on top of that, the crazy price. 😕

Yeah $60 may seem like alot but the shine, longevity and ease of application help offset the cost. I've gotten several uses of my 16oz bottle, now I am starting to buy it in bulk. I'd say try a 16oz bottle for starters.