Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do you need to use the red tool for the Visco Clay?

crober51

Question

Recently purchased the winter prep kit and realized after the fact that the clay that comes with it is a refill and does not come with the geoimpression tool.  I assume the clay can be used as standard clay, but am I losing out on performance as a result?  Or am I wrong and will not using the tool cause me to have trouble using the clay?  Thanks ahead of time!

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, crober51 said:

Recently purchased the winter prep kit and realized after the fact that the clay that comes with it is a refill and does not come with the geoimpression tool.  I assume the clay can be used as standard clay, but am I losing out on performance as a result?  Or am I wrong and will not using the tool cause me to have trouble using the clay?  Thanks ahead of time!

The tool makes impressions in the clay to help with the claying process...…

This is from the site.

Designed for use with the included Adam's Geoimpression Tool, the tool provides a comfortable grip while claying, and also allows you to refresh the geoimpressions into the clay to generate a fresh working surface when necessary.

I used it yesterday... used the tool half the time on bigger surfaces. 

What I did was make impression, clay till I need to fold, instead of folding I push to make an impression on the BACK of dirty surface since it’s already stuck. I peel the Red tool off then use clean side to clay more without the tool(so the tool stays cleaner). Of course I fold it more than once since both front and back is dirty. 

This helped me save some time, folding Visco clay was tough for me.