Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire Armor & Trim

UofAZCats

Question

I have a 2005 Suburban and it has a lot of trim (running boards, door handles, front bumper/valance, rear bumper, etc.).  I have not done much to protect it over the years and it is a dull gray now.  I do have the Black Trim Restorer but I am not sure I want to go to the full effort for a car with cracked paint that my son drives at college.  I was wondering if using Tire Armor would help or hurt or do nothing as that is easier to apply to a large area.  Anyone use it for anything but tires?  I may just go ahead and try to see how it does before he heads back.

5 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, UofAZCats said:

I have a 2005 Suburban and it has a lot of trim (running boards, door handles, front bumper/valance, rear bumper, etc.).  I have not done much to protect it over the years and it is a dull gray now.  I do have the Black Trim Restorer but I am not sure I want to go to the full effort for a car with cracked paint that my son drives at college.  I was wondering if using Tire Armor would help or hurt or do nothing as that is easier to apply to a large area.  Anyone use it for anything but tires?  I may just go ahead and try to see how it does before he heads back.

I just did an older Suburban and even have a picture of the difference after cleaning with APC .  The outcome isn't perfect by any means, but the difference was enough to warrant taking a picture for my own future reference.   My recommendation would be to try APC first and then go from there.  If the headlights on your Suburban are anything like the one I did, the Adam's headlight restoration kit works wonders.  I posted pictures when I did it in November in the What did you wash thread..

If you choose to use the Tire Armor post your results, I'll be heading back to Florida in a month and would be more than happy to hit the Colonel's Suburban with something extra.

Suburban.jpeg

Edited by RayS

I washed it with TRC first and then washed the car earlier today.  After posting I figured what the hell and went down and I applied the Tire Armor to the rear bumper, and driver side running boards and door handles.  The boy is leaving for college so I will check the results the next time he is back.

Edited by UofAZCats

26 minutes ago, UofAZCats said:

I washed it with TRC first and then washed the car earlier today.  After posting I figured what the hell and went down and I applied the Tire Armor to the rear bumper, and driver side running boards and door handles.  The boy is leaving for college so I will check the results the next time he is back.

Any pics of the finished product? Be nice to see a before then an after when he gets back.