Customer Service 866.965.0400

Guaranteed Delivery Before Valentine's Day: Limited Time!

Dan@Adams

We're back with a new limited-release Detail Spray bottle design and scent for this upcoming Valentine's Day! This one is going to go fast though, as we have 2,000 bottles up for grabs. It has an orange-vanilla scent, and we're limiting it to 5 bottles per customer.

Our Valentine's Day Sale starts now, with guaranteed delivery before Valentine's Day on orders placed before 12PM MST this Thursday, February 7th, 2019. We have free shipping for continental U.S. orders over $85, and you can use the code LOVE for 15% off at checkout too!

The sale ends this Thursday at midnight, but the cut-off for Valentine's Day delivery is Thursday at Noon. We added a nice new soft-shell Storage Case, a few Perfect Pair products, and the always popular new stickers and air fresheners! Some items that sell out frequently like our Detail Cart and Detail Stools are currently in stock at the moment too.

And if you're a collector, don't forget to take a look at our exclusive Barrett-Jackson collaboration products under Shop > New Products > Barrett Jackson

Check out the full sale notice below, and CLICK HERE TO SHOP NOW!

aJ8YG3D.jpg
QJRYXES.jpg

4lV354k.jpg

vpLqNTJ.jpg

I find it weird that Adam's has these loyal customers and continues to scam them with these so called "deals". If you pay close attention, this combo's original price is 29.99 and is on sale for 27.99. The price for a double soft towel is 14.99 and the Valentine's detail spray is 12.99 by itself. If you do the math 12.99 + 14.99 is 27.98. With that being said, where did they get the number 29.99 from and how is it a sale if you can literally purchase both the towel and the detail spray for 1 cent cheaper than the 29.99 combo sale price? Really opens your mind to some questions like what else are they doing this with and did they really make only 2,000 units.. They launched this detail spray on a Monday and it is now Wednesday night. On Tuesday mid afternoon (a day after launch), they posted something on their instagram story claiming that there were only 500 left.. 1 full day later and its literally still on website up for grabs. I don't know guys... seems like they care more about our money rather than customer satisfaction and price point

Edited by EndlessVybz013

You make a good point about the “sale” price of the combo.  I think an explanation would be nice from the sales team.  Maybe it’s an honest mistake.

I can’t and won’t speculate on the number of limited edition items available, I have no reason to believe they are fudging the numbers but even if they were, that’s just marketing 101 to drum up interest for a limited quantity product.  One of those don’t hate the player hate the game kind of things...

Edited by camaro2ssblack

Of course it's an honest mistake!  What kind of scam would it be to get an extra $0.01 from each combo?  Even it they sold a thousand of the combos, the net profit of this "scam" would be $10.  Really?  :unsure:

Limited Edition runs in the past of 2000 bottles typically take about 3-4 days to sell out, with the majority of the bottles selling in the first few days.  Past limited edition runs of 400-500 bottles have sold out in less than a day.  More limited runs of 100 or 250 bottles (Like the 100K and 250K), sell out in a few hours.  I know this, because I missed out of a few of them.

43 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

Of course it's an honest mistake!  What kind of scam would it be to get an extra $0.01 from each combo?  Even it they sold a thousand of the combos, the net profit of this "scam" would be $10.  Really?  :unsure:

Limited Edition runs in the past of 2000 bottles typically take about 3-4 days to sell out, with the majority of the bottles selling in the first few days.  Past limited edition runs of 400-500 bottles have sold out in less than a day.  More limited runs of 100 or 250 bottles (Like the 100K and 250K), sell out in a few hours.  I know this, because I missed out of a few of them.

Respectfully, I think you are missing his point on the combo price.  Typically a combo price is less than the sum of the two items purchased individually, usually around 10-15% less.  He’s not saying they are adding a cent to the price, he’s pointing out that the combo deal isn’t really a deal at all.  The original price of the combo is shown as $2 above the actual combined price of the two items when purchased individually and then “marked” down to the same price as the two items purchased individually, give or take a penny.

Although none of my business, I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt that posting the original combo price at $2 above retail was an honest mistake.

Edited by camaro2ssblack

28 minutes ago, camaro2ssblack said:

Respectfully, I think you are missing his point on the combo price.  Typically a combo price is less than the sum of the two items purchased individually, usually around 10-15% less.  He’s not saying they are adding a cent to the price, he’s pointing out that the combo deal isn’t really a deal at all.  The original price of the combo is shown as $2 above the actual combined price of the two items when purchased individually and then “marked” down to the same price as the two items purchased individually, give or take a penny.

Although none of my business, I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt that posting the original combo price at $2 above retail was an honest mistake.

I understand how combo prices are supposed to work.  Whatever the "before" price is might be, the net difference to the purchaser is less then one cent, after the discount code.

Pricing mistakes happen from time to time, both ways.  You might recall in the Black Friday Sale, there was a Red Foam Gun Kit that was priced way below the correct price, and then the price was corrected.

29 minutes ago, camaro2ssblack said:

I agree with you. Sometimes the combo is a better deal but other times it is not. I purchased the spray wax with the 2 double soft towels a few days ago and it’s actually more expensive than just buying the spray wax and two of the new gray double soft towels. I wish I had known that or I would have spent $5 less and got the gray towels instead of white ones.

1 minute ago, rewdog said:

I agree with you. Sometimes the combo is a better deal but other times it is not. I purchased the spray wax with the 2 double soft towels a few days ago and it’s actually more expensive than just buying the spray wax and two of the new gray double soft towels. I wish I had known that or I would have spent $5 less and got the gray towels instead of white ones.

The combo price should always be less than buying the items separately.  If it is not, let Customer Service know, so they can fix the error.  Nobody is sitting back at HQ trying to figure out how to scam customers with pricing trickery.

The Gray Double Soft towels were a discounted special, which is why they are priced less than the standard White Double Soft, which is the towel that comes in the Spray Wax Combo.

Yes, it would have been cheaper to buy the Gray Double Softs along with a bottle of Spray Wax, but that is not how the combo is priced.

7 minutes ago, camaro2ssblack said:

And that is exactly the point of the OP.  I think we are on the same page now.

Not really the only point he made, since he was claiming that it was a "scam".

In the future, if the OP or anyone else notices an error in a combo price, call or email Customer Service so they can fix it.  This would be much more productive then posting a complaint on this forum and accusing Adam's of running scam.

11 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

In the future, if the OP or anyone else notices an error in a combo price, call or email Customer Service so they can fix it.  This would be much more productive then posting a complaint on this forum and accusing Adam's of running scam.

I would agree with that. 

10 hours ago, TheWolf said:

I dont agree with him saying its a scam but had he never said anything about it I wouldnt have noticed the error with the spray wax combo. I will call them today and let them know.

FWIW, the penny is universally applied the same way on all combos. All prices end in .99. Single item or bundled.....

Wait....

This just in...

This bundle is the only item on Adam's site with a .98 price and now just shows $27.98.

1 hour ago, DaleH said:

FWIW, the penny is universally applied the same way on all combos. All prices end in .99. Single item or bundled.....

Wait....

This just in...

This bundle is the only item on Adam's site with a .98 price and now just shows $27.98.

The penny was never the problem but oh well, no big deal.  

Talked to CS about the pricing issue on the 16oz spray wax combo. The issue is the 2 double softs were calculated at 14.99 a piece not at 24.99 for the 2 pack. All I asked for was the price to be changed on the site to 34.99 so that the towels are $20 for 2 just like on the ceramic boost 2.0 kit.

1 minute ago, camaro2ssblack said:

The penny was never the problem but oh well, no big deal.  

I didn't think any of it was a big deal. People make mistakes. Adam's always tries to make it right, and usually succeeds.

1 minute ago, DaleH said:

I didn't think any of it was a big deal. People make mistakes. Adam's always tries to make it right, and usually succeeds.

No doubt.  The bundle price should always offer a savings versus the two items being purchased individually - or else there would be no reason to show them as a bundle in the first place.

1 minute ago, camaro2ssblack said:

No doubt.  The bundle price should always offer a savings versus the two items being purchased individually - or else there would be no reason to show them as a bundle in the first place.

Actually I look at bundles to know what products to use together.... Lower price for the group is a plus.

Thank you Wolf-man. While I don't handle the pricing of combo kits and I do agree that they should have a discounted price for the combo, there is nothing that states anywhere that they must be discounted as a combo. The kits are a nice way to group products that you know you will use together, which helps to simplify the ordering process. 

Any pricing errors on the website are NEVER intentional. Humans come up with the kits and pricing structures and manually enter them into the website back end, and humans can and do make mistakes. 

I will review combo pricing of various kits and discuss with the Marketing Team.

Respectfully,

Dan@Adams

Quite surprised to see these in stock.  I wonder if when it says 2,000 units a unit isn't a individual bottle like we're assuming but rather a crate with X bottles, or something along those lines.  It's probably a stretch but honestly, I thought 2k would have sold out considerably quicker than this.