Customer Service 866.965.0400

Weird problem with ceramic boost

hemi1300

Question

Have had a bottle of boost since it was released and have never had good luck applying it. Never wants to wipe smoothly across the paint and feels almost like it's tacky on the surface and just grabs the towel, also never wants to wipe cleanly off. Havent used it in a while bc of this, but decided to try again after I used ceramic spray on the hood of my truck and same results, very tacky feeling as I try to wipe it off. Curious if the new ceramic boost 2.0 would be a better option

3 answers to this question

10 hours ago, hemi1300 said:

Have had a bottle of boost since it was released and have never had good luck applying it. Never wants to wipe smoothly across the paint and feels almost like it's tacky on the surface and just grabs the towel, also never wants to wipe cleanly off. Havent used it in a while bc of this, but decided to try again after I used ceramic spray on the hood of my truck and same results, very tacky feeling as I try to wipe it off. Curious if the new ceramic boost 2.0 would be a better option

I've used 1.0 and 2.0 and can say that 1.0 could be a bit frustrating at times.  My remaining has been relegated to doing things like the lawn mower, doing the underside of the deck really helps when the grass is damp.  It also works great on shovels and a buddy up north said he uses 1.0 on his snow shovel and the inside of his snow blower.  For the 1.0 I would spray it on a towel, wipe it on the surface wait 2 minutes and wipe it off with a different towel.  High humidity was also a bit of challenge with 1.0.

With 2.0, I'm found it to be more forgiving, but still spray it on the towel wait a few minutes and then wipe it off with another towel.  If you get place that doesn't feel right wait a couple more minutes and try wiping it off, if that doesn't work go over it again with the damp towel and then it should smooth out.  The couple of times that I tried spraying it on the surface, it was not as cooperative to get smoothed out and streak free, I think it was just too much product that was being applied.

Ceramic Boost has a tacky feeling due to the ceramic nature of the product, so it's not going to be as easy of a wipe on, wipe off product as Detail Spray for example. The better prepped the surface is, the easier it will be to apply though. 

Make sure to use a light mist - one or two sprays is plenty for a front fender for me for example. If you're having issues with streaking, use two towels - one to do the initial spreading of the product, and then a second clean towel to wipe away the remainder. This process works much better for me.

Another great option that I've been using more frequently, after @Chris@Adams showed me, is to spray Ceramic Boost into one of the gray microfiber applicator blocks, spread it onto the surface, and then wipe away with a clean plush microfiber towel. Wipe it off quickly, there is no need to let it sit on the surface for 2 minutes like the new Ceramic Spray Coating.