Customer Service 866.965.0400

Llumar Air 80 for windshield

Z06Seal

Hey guys,

With this Florida heat and looking for ways to help keep car cool, I started looking at the Llumar Air 80. It's designed for windshields and supposedly is clear with a very light tint of blue. I want to get it done on the wife's X5. 

Does anyone have this? I found one thread about it on another forum and the only complaint I saw was people who have it arguing the headlights from cars make the orange peel look obvious, and other owners saying they don't have this issue, so perhaps the installer is to blame. Not sure...

Looking for anyone who has it to chime in on it's ability to actually lower heat/temps in the car. It's not legal in Florida, but I'm not worried about that. lol.

Is this the stuff that goes on the outside of the front windshield?  Obsessed Garage did a video, or some I forget, where he had it installed on one of his vehicles.  As good of a job it seemed the installer did, he still had to be]ring it back in.  

55 minutes ago, Parad0x said:

Is this the stuff that goes on the outside of the front windshield?  Obsessed Garage did a video, or some I forget, where he had it installed on one of his vehicles.  As good of a job it seemed the installer did, he still had to be]ring it back in.  

No, this goes on the inside. It's like regular tint.

Edited by Z06Seal

11 hours ago, Z06Seal said:

No, this goes on the inside. It's like regular tint.

I'll google and read more about it.  I know people who had 3M Crystalline put on the inside of their windshields and it made a big difference.  I had Crystalline on my side windows in a past vehicle and it definitely worked better than traditional tint, even ceramic.  But it was quite expensive to do the windshield with it so I passed.

20 hours ago, Rich said:

Interesting.  Never heard of it.  If you get it done, post up some pics.

Just had it installed today. I can't even tell it's on, and it hasn't even fully cured yet. they have a heatlamp there where you feel it naked (no tint.. I had my clothes on lol) then you can put the film you'd like on your car. with this air 80, you can def feel less heat. dare I say almost half? then the pinnacle etc and you barely feel the heat. 

I feel pretty sure this is going to make a big difference for us people living in very hot climates. Let me use it for a month and I will give a yay or nay. As of now, I want to put it on the corvette and the malibu.