Customer Service 866.965.0400

Guard and Gloss

deedle

Question

4 answers to this question

Good question. All are okay to use on coated vehicle.

Ceramic Boost is especially made to build up the Ceramic Coating, so that would be my first choice.

H20 GG would be my second choice.

and Spray wax is okay to use on a CC, but it is not ideal. This would probably take away some of the water repelling effects of a coating. So that would be my last choice of the three.

3 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Would you keep that same order when drying the vehicle?  

Good question. All are okay to use on coated vehicle.

Ceramic Boost is especially made to build up the Ceramic Coating, so that would be my first choice.

H20 GG would be my second choice.

and Spray wax is okay to use on a CC, but it is not ideal. This would probably take away some of the water repelling effects of a coating. So that would be my last choice of the three.

When drying the vehicle.? I'm not sure I understand your question.

Do you mean would I keep that same order of preference if you were going to choose one to use as a drying aid?

In which case I would answer yes.

If you have a coated vehicle and you are washing it. and you choose to use one of these products to apply while the car is still wet, then yes, I would still choose Ceramic Boost over HGG and Spray Wax.

General rule of thumb is not to mix product families. Doing so can adversely affect the hydrophobic properties of your base layer. So that means keep silica with silica, carnauba with carnauba, acrylic with acrylic, etc. Ceramic Boost is ideal for a coated car (as are all silica-infused products from the Adam's ceramic line, link below); HGG v2.0 is fine, as well, but not quite as good and shouldn't be layered very often; and you should keep Spray Wax...which is heavily carnauba-based...off of it and for other non-coated cars you may own. 

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/adams-ceramics/sio2.html

Also read this for more on product differences and layering...