Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing Carts- looking for ideas on how to set one up

1990JPYP

Question

I am looking for some inspiration for me to get a detailing cart set up. Post up some pics of what you’ve done and your favorite feature. I hate walking back and forth from the workbench to the car just to switch products or grab another towel. 

6 answers to this question

In my case there really is not enough room to store towels on the cart and I keep mine in small totes to keep then clean until use.  But I just use an Adams cart and the only modification is adding a bar on the front to hang spray bottles down low.   So Gallons and towels stay in garage on the shelf.

20180606_164400.jpg

I have two carts, first being he detailing cart, which usually only have the products that I may use for a particular vehicle on it.  There are products that are always on there, such as Detail Spray and the tire & wheel products.   I keep the three shelves setup for convenience, the top shelf is all body products, the middle is interior the bottom is the time & wheel, including the brushes, hose guards, etc..

The second cart is one the wife picked up for me about a month ago at Sam's.  It keeps enough towels and applicators for doing a couple of vehicles and then once everything is washed they go back into their appropriate location.  Everything is labeled so there is no doubt what is being used and what goes where.   The towel cart bin sizes are perfect for rolling the towels up and you can put 8 borderless grey in one drawer.  The bigger towels such as the drying towels have to lay flat and you can can only put two in a drawer, but that has not been an issue for me.

July Collection 3.jpg

IMG_0377.JPG

Everyone has their own setup.  I have one of the original Adam's carts with three trays, bottle separator, and I bought the current bottle holder and attached it to the cart.  Find a cart you like, figure out which products you want to have handy when you're detailing , and load it up.  There's no set way for everyone.  Glad to have you join the forum Chris.

What products do you use the most?   Do you have room somewhere to store products that you don't use each wash?  Is your cart going to be your only storage? Lots to consider and there's no set way to organize your cart.  I have all my stuff I use most on the top shelf like Detail Spray, Leather Conditioner, Ceramic Boost, Car Shampoo, etc. Second shelf , I keep my detail bag for the Vette so I can grab it handy when I'm going somewhere that I'll need it, and brushes.  Bottom shelf holds my Swirl Killers and a container with pads in it.   I do get mice in my garage, so towels and extra pads are all kept in sealed containers in cupboards.  I have the bucket caddy with the double bucket hinge and keep my wash wedges in there, then in my third bucket (wheels and tires) I keep my tire brush and wheel woolies.   That's the way things work best for me.  

You'll figure out your own way Stetson.  :2thumbs: