Customer Service 866.965.0400

Master Blaster vs Air Cannon

Rrjrivera

Question

I am considering purchasing an air dryer and having a hard time deciding on which machine to purchase.  Wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to use both of these machines and formed an opinion as to which seems better regardless of price ?  What are the pros and cons of each if any ?

Thanks

16 answers to this question

Haven't used the Air Cannon, but I would add it to my garage rather than just have one.  The MB is amazing for getting water off of large areas quickly. Two settings, both really powerful.  I can see where the air cannon would be useful in door jambs, wheel wells, and tighter spaces.  Considering adding one for sure. 

I love my MB and was in the same situation as you.  Even with the discounts you can get from the AC being an adams product vs the MB I thought the MB would be a better buy being made in the US.  I also called adams support and talked with a dude about it.  He mentioned that he would buy the MB between the 2 and he was able to try both.  if you can spare the couple bucks grab the MB for the better quality parts.

13 minutes ago, alanwrench said:

Does anyone have a strong opinion on electric turbine leaf blower vs. MB? I am not 100% convinced the heated air makes a $200+ difference. Not knocking the MB, just want to make sure its the right move when detailing on a budget!

The vast majority of people who have used both a leaf blower and a dedicated car dryer like the Master Blaster would say there is no comparison, that the Master Blaster is absolutely the better tool for the job.

The only check in the "PRO" column for a leaf blower is cost.

If you use a leaf blower for other yard tasks, I would guarantee that the inside of the blower is filthy.  When using a leaf blower in the yard, you are kicking up lots of dirt and debris, and this gets sucked right into the blower.  If in doubt, take the leaf blower nozzle or tube off and run a hose through it into a bucket.

The other disadvantage of using a leaf blower is that it is awkward to get into tighter areas, to work the water out of the nooks and crannies.  With a hose on the Master Blastern or adding a hose to the Sidekick, you can easily direct the air in any direction.  Also, the rubber nozzle on these is much safer to use near your paint compared to the hard (and perhaps dirty) plastic nozzle on a leaf blower.

@TheWolf Thanks for your $.02! I would certainly use mine as a dedicated detailing tool (who has time to do yard work with this hobby anyway haha) but your points are valid and make sense. Keeping the budget in mind, do you think the sidekick w/hose is a good enough option to start? A MB mounted on the wall is the dream, but probably well into the future! Unless my move to Huntsville kicks up the detailing side-gig by a significant margin!

The Sidekick is absolutely a good enough option to start. I have been using a Sidekick to dry my car for at least a half-dozen years.

Start with a good sheet rinse to get most of the standing water off the paint, follow up with a good drying towel along with your favorite drying aid (I use a Great White and Detail Spray).  After that I use the Sidekick to blow water out of all the nooks and crannies around the car as well as blow off any wayward drips that show. It's also fantastic for drying the wheel wells, wheels and tires so you don't sling water when you take your first clean drive.

I'd love to get a MB or Air Cannon some day but the Sidekick is a terrific tool in and of itself.  MUCH better than ANY leaf blower.

1 hour ago, alanwrench said:

@TheWolf Thanks for your $.02! I would certainly use mine as a dedicated detailing tool (who has time to do yard work with this hobby anyway haha) but your points are valid and make sense. Keeping the budget in mind, do you think the sidekick w/hose is a good enough option to start? A MB mounted on the wall is the dream, but probably well into the future! Unless my move to Huntsville kicks up the detailing side-gig by a significant margin!

I agree with Roger, the Sidekick is a good option to start with.  Even though I have the Master Blaster, I still use the Sidekick for touch-ups of smaller areas once the vehicle is pulled into the garage, like wheel lugs or a grill.  Its faster and more convenient to just grab the Sidekick instead of unrolling the hose on the Master Blaster.

17 hours ago, alanwrench said:

Keeping the budget in mind, do you think the sidekick w/hose is a good enough option to start?

As the others have said YES!  I rarely do full 2 bucket washes anymore, since a Rinseless wash is faster, I don't use mine for detailing too much.  But I keep it handy to blow off the driveway, and used it with 2 MetroVac hoses this past weekend to dry the dog after a bath.

I recently purchased the Metro Vac - Vac and Blo device. I was trying to avoid buying 2 tools. I love the vacuum. It comes with plenty of accessories and the suction is ample. The Blo function works but it is too slow and takes too long to dry my wife's new BMW X1 which is not a large vehicle.

Despite already having purchased Adam's 15 mm Swirl Killer and some foam pads I did not realize Adam had his air canon? I have got to get one! We have a gravel driveway and already with the MV due to the much shorter hose had it tip and suck gravel into the intake side. The gravel can be removed but if vacuuming it goes into the bag or the filter bag if using the Blo function. Adam's unit has a larger intake opening with a grill and filter so even if I tip it it should not suck gravel inside. Also, love the variable speed control!

Don't want to spend the money but I have got to have one of Adam's Air Canons!! I believe Adam offers more value for the money and this dryer will be well worth it. Drying is the aspect I hate the most. This should round out my home detailing equipment. It is so much more enjoyable and feels like less work with the right tools!!

4 hours ago, Golf for Life said:

I have both the MB and side kick and both are top notch.

And both have there place. 

If only buying one I'd get the MB.

Well welcome back Golf for Life! Haven’t seen around these parts in quite a while. Hope all is well.