Customer Service 866.965.0400

2019 Subaru Outback Paint issues

Rb1274

Question

Help!.. I just got this car two months ago.  Been an Adams addict for several years.  I had no issues with my last car.  This car is black and ANYTHING that gets on it leaves permanent marks!  Bird poop, water spots ect.  When i got the car I did a full detail, minus polishing... Strip, Clay, Wash, LPS, H20 GG, still bird poop and water instantly burn through.  I am thinking about stripping, Polishing, and then doing a full ceramic... not sure1729256489_2019SubaruOutback.thumb.jpg.43c9ad02279278ade1ef67adc4af8e92.jpg why this is happening... any input would be great!  

11 answers to this question

I don't think you'll find anyone that has used the Adam's Ceramic Spray or Ceramic Paste Wax to disagree with your thoughts.  I have used both CSC and CPW and torn between which one I like better, so I'll probably leave 1/2 my vehicles with CPW and the other half I'll end up coating.  Either way, the prep is the key to the best outcome, so plan a weekend, put it inside and take your time.  The results are amazing.  

@Rich did a Black SUV to perfection, so I'll ask him to chime in on this one also.

Ryan,  I think that's the way to go.  Full strip, polish, and ceramic.  I didn't use the multi day Ceramic, but the Ceramic Spray Coating instead.  And it's been quite an eye opener.  Dust doesn't seem to stick near as much,  water sheets  off when I wash it,  bugs and junk come off so much easier now.  I've been very impressed  with the results.   I maintain with the Ceramic Boost. 

I have a 2018 Subaru Forester 2.0XT. It is White and I had it Ceramic Coated by a detailer at around 2,000 miles. I have NEVER had any of the issues you mention but with it being white I may not have seen everything. This is my second Subaru. My first was a 2015 XV Crosstrek Special Edition which came Yellow. I noticed then that Subaru puts a very thin coat of paint on their cars and the clear coat is thin as well. Unfortunately with Eyesight, you can't install a bug shield on the front. This is why I ceramic coated my Forester. We are in the middle of Lovebug season here in Florida. Cleanup is a breeze with the ceramic coating.

Thanks for the input.  Its weird, I LPS'd it when i got it, and have done H20 GG and still get burn in... this past weekend I washed it and was going to call it a day but the weather was perfect so I put on a full coat of Americana.  OMG I forgot how good it looks.  That was the first time i used it on a black car. I plan to make the switch to Ceramic in November.

The process will be...

Strip wash

Clay

Rinse and Dry

One Step Polish

Surface Prep

Ceramic Spray

Under Carriage Srpay

Tire Shine

I am hoping this will make things easier for the Daily Driver.

1 hour ago, Rb1274 said:

Thanks for the input.  Its weird, I LPS'd it when i got it, and have done H20 GG and still get burn in... this past weekend I washed it and was going to call it a day but the weather was perfect so I put on a full coat of Americana.  OMG I forgot how good it looks.  That was the first time i used it on a black car. I plan to make the switch to Ceramic in November.

The process will be...

Strip wash

Clay

Rinse and Dry

One Step Polish

Surface Prep

Ceramic Spray

Under Carriage Srpay

Tire Shine

I am hoping this will make things easier for the Daily Driver.

Sounds like a good plan.

14 hours ago, Rb1274 said:

Update... all polished and CSC... I am very  happy with the results... hope it holds up strong

59D67419-D5A2-4B3B-9A7B-C7A98863F6D1.jpeg

Looks awesome! As far as why the bird bombs and other contaminants are etching and burning into the clear, does the vehicle sit outside often and in how hot of temperatures? Black paint can get much hotter in direct sunlight than other lighter colored vehicles, sometimes as much as 40-50 F hotter (I've tested paint temps at some car shows on black cars at 165 F in the hot summer months), so bird bombs, sap, etc could definitely etch in faster on the hotter surface.

I live near the beach so its never too hot.  My wife seems to look right past bird poop like its not even there!!! I usually get it off by the end of the day but the damage was already there.  I am hoping the CSC is the next level.  Thanks for the input... I will provide updates regarding durability in the upcoming weeks....