Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Cleaner + Brilliant Glaze

FrontRanger

I think he just meant that he polished or shined his windshield with a micro after he buffed off the BG.  Just did my windshield inside on the Equinox with the BG.  Got the new ceramic for the glass on  order, so between that on the outside and BG on the inside, I should have the clearest, shiniest windows in town!  

9 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Agreed! One of the best product hacks out there.

If I may, what did you polish?

Just the inside of the KIA's (2014 Soul) windows. Will probably upgrade to ceramic for the outside and stick with BG on the inside.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting a bottle of BG this week. 

Other than cleaning the windows what additional prep work was necessary?

Reason why I ask is because I just purchased a 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid. It has the Heads Up display. There is a rectangular hole in the top of the dash that houses the projector. I don't think you're supposed to get anything in there. So I am wondering if there is fallout from removal of the dried BG that could fall into the hole. Also the front half of the dash has a mesh type cover and I'm sure if there was dust it would fall into all of the holes in the mesh.

I was thinking I should put a cover over it before applying the BG. Your thoughts???

Edited by SgtLip
typo

12 minutes ago, SgtLip said:

I'm getting a bottle of BG this week. 

Other than cleaning the windows what additional prep work was necessary?

Reason why I ask is because I just purchased a 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid. It has the Heads Up display. There is a rectangular hole in the top of the dash that houses the projector. I don't think you're supposed to get anything in there. So I am wondering if there is fallout from removal of the dried BG that could fall into the hole. Also the front half of the dash has a mesh type cover and I'm sure if there was dust it would fall into all of the holes in the mesh.

I was thinking I should put a cover over it before applying the BG. Your thoughts???

I don’t think covering it is nec.    BG inside of the windshield is a gamechanger!!

I do it often and have never seen fallout from removing it.   

You could lay a towel over the HUD while you wipe on the BG, but it is probably not necessary.  I put BG on the applicator and wipe the glass, then buff it off - you just smear it around, but in a technical, detailery kind of way. 

BG is a thin liquid, between DS and VRT, and needs to be shaken up often.

22 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

You could lay a towel over the HUD while you wipe on the BG, but it is probably not necessary.  I put BG on the applicator and wipe the glass, then buff it off - you just smear it around, but in a technical, detailery kind of way. 

I think that's what I'll do. I have plenty of beach towels around the house.

Hmmm, didn't think about the applicator. I have some MF applicators (not Adam's, from Amazon) or does it require the gray foam block? I have two of them. Anything else and I'm going shopping, AGAIN!!!

Edited by SgtLip

2 hours ago, mc2hill said:

Exactly. It's not a spray so you don't have to deal with overspray or drips.  One thing you might have to deal with (I know I do)  is that I always go the whole way to the very edges of my glass inside,and I inevitably transfer some of the BG from the rag to the dash or the rubber along side the windows.  Not a lot,  but it happens. So after I get my windows clean,  I usually go over my dash and remove any streaks of BG I got on the black.  I don't think BG would heart the leather or rubbers though.  It's just personal choice.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

I usually go over my dash and remove any streaks of BG I got on the black.  I don't think BG would heart the leather or rubbers though.  It's just personal choice.

@Rich being a rookie, I'm sure I'll have it everywhere. What do I have to use to remove the BG when I do get it on the black? Anything special?

I use three different applicators with Brilliant Glaze according to what I'm doing with it.

For the inside of the windshield, I prefer the Interior Dressing Applicator: https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-premium-interior-dressing-applicators

For the body of the vehicle, I like the Patriots Wax applicator, it is so much easier to grip: https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-blue-red-patriot-applicator

For the odd places, somewhat rough surfaces, the microfiber applicator: https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-microfiber-applicator-pads-2-pack

The Interior Dressing Applicator works nice for getting along the edge of the windshield and I do that last by putting the BG on the edge and going around the windshield.  It also washes easily to keep it clean and reusable.  Also, I've found it easier to use a spray nozzle in the BG and spray it on the applicator, this seems to get it more even compared to using the squirt nozzle.  That last bit of info was originally passed to me by @Rich

13 minutes ago, RayS said:

I use three different applicators with Brilliant Glaze according to what I'm doing with it.

For the inside of the windshield, I prefer the Interior Dressing Applicator: https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-premium-interior-dressing-applicators

For the body of the vehicle, I like the Patriots Wax applicator, it is so much easier to grip: https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-blue-red-patriot-applicator

For the odd places, somewhat rough surfaces, the microfiber applicator: https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-microfiber-applicator-pads-2-pack

The Interior Dressing Applicator works nice for getting along the edge of the windshield and I do that last by putting the BG on the edge and going around the windshield.  It also washes easily to keep it clean and reusable.  Also, I've found it easier to use a spray nozzle in the BG and spray it on the applicator, this seems to get it more even compared to using the squirt nozzle.  That last bit of info was originally passed to me by @Rich

I knew I didn't have the right applicator. Never fails. I'll either hold off or use something until I can get the correct tools. THANKS @RayS

13 hours ago, SgtLip said:

I knew I didn't have the right applicator. Never fails. I'll either hold off or use something until I can get the correct tools. THANKS @RayS

Anything that is fairly stiff will work, including the MF applicators you already have.  You could use a MF towel, but an applicator make it easier. 

When I make purchases from non-Adams vendors I will usually pick up a '6 pack' of the 4 inch round yellow foam applicators to keep on hand for various products - at less than $1.50 each they are 'disposable' and I have seen them used as coating applicators (after moving the stiff edging).    

On 10/15/2019 at 10:22 AM, mc2hill said:

Anything that is fairly stiff will work, including the MF applicators you already have.

non-Adams vendors I will usually pick up a '6 pack' of the 4 inch round yellow foam applicators to keep on hand for various products - at less than $1.50 each they are 'disposable' and I have seen them used as coating applicators (after moving the stiff edging).    

PM

Edited by SgtLip

• 2 weeks later...

I want to detail the interior. Which is the best order to do this? Windows first or last? 

The interior is leather but I don't have any Adam's Leather Conditioner.  I have the Leather and Interior Cleaner and the Interior Detailer. Not sure which would be better on a new car interior? I want to get some sort of UV protection on the dash.

I don't have Adam's Window Cleaner yet but I have some other brand I was going to use to clean them before applying the Brilliant Glaze. Will this be okay?

I would use the Interior Detailer, it has UV protection, cleaners, anti static and odor neutralizers all in one,  it is non gloss and not greasy.

The Leather Conditioner smells of rich leather and has more robust UV protection.

It is great on all leather, plastic, and the like on the interior.  You can always grab this later on.

The glass cleaner you have should probably be ok,  I however avoid anything with alcohol in it.  Then Brilliant glaze goes on, hazes over and buff that off, you will be all set. 

I did all the glass on my SUV last week and I didn't even use glass cleaner on the inside. I have a sprayer in my Brilliant Glaze and I just sprayed it on the inside of the windows, spread it out so it would cover all of the glass, and then buff it off with a utility towel. This got all of the junk off of the glass and left them nice and clear. 

Thanks @Nickfire20. I am getting ready to spend my $50 gift certificate at Amazon on both products. So I'll have them soon. 

Once I have Leather Conditioner do I use it as a stand alone product or do I use the Leather and Interior Cleaner and then finish with the Leather Conditioner?

2 minutes ago, Bscott94 said:

I did all the glass on my SUV last week and I didn't even use glass cleaner on the inside. I have a sprayer in my Brilliant Glaze and I just sprayed it on the inside of the windows, spread it out so it would cover all of the glass, and then buff it off with a utility towel. This got all of the junk off of the glass and left them nice and clear. 

Hmmm, I thought you had to clean them first. I will try your way. Thanks for the tip.

Just now, SgtLip said:

Hmmm, I thought you had to clean them first. I will try your way. Thanks for the tip.

I believe I saw somewhere that BG has cleaning properties. If your glass is really dirty, it would probably be best to clean first. I just had some finger prints and a small bit of stuck on junk. 

5 minutes ago, SgtLip said:

Thanks @Nickfire20. I am getting ready to spend my $50 gift certificate at Amazon on both products. So I'll have them soon. 

Once I have Leather Conditioner do I use it as a stand alone product or do I use the Leather and Interior Cleaner and then finish with the Leather Conditioner?

I just saw on the web site the Leather Conditioner says:

"Treat your car's interior with Adam's Leather Conditioner 3-4 times a season to keep it in premium condition for the life of your car."

What does 3-4 times a season mean? There are 4 seasons. Does that mean 12-16 times per year? Thats a lot of conditioner isn't it?  How often is it necessary to apply Leather Conditioner? I'm trying to decide which size to buy 8oz or 16oz.

6 minutes ago, Bscott94 said:

I believe I saw somewhere that BG has cleaning properties. If your glass is really dirty, it would probably be best to clean first. I just had some finger prints and a small bit of stuck on junk. 

@Bscott94 Thanks for the info Brandon. It's a new car and the dealer put all kinds of haze on the inside of the windows. They aren't really dirty he just used a dirty towel to clean them if he even attempted to clean them.

5 hours ago, SgtLip said:

I just saw on the web site the Leather Conditioner says:

"Treat your car's interior with Adam's Leather Conditioner 3-4 times a season to keep it in premium condition for the life of your car."

What does 3-4 times a season mean? There are 4 seasons. Does that mean 12-16 times per year? Thats a lot of conditioner isn't it?  How often is it necessary to apply Leather Conditioner? I'm trying to decide which size to buy 8oz or 16oz.

I do mine once per quarter unless we have or are taking and extended road trip, then I might do it again.  I always use the Leather Condition in the garage, out of the sun and once I've done all surfaces, seats, dash, door panels and center console, I leave the windows rolled down for a few hours.   The LC is the last step that I do in the interior.  I start with the gunk in the doors if there is any, then the vacuum, instrument cluster and vents, Interior details spray on the chrome, infotainment center, seat belt buckles, etc., then the windows and finally the LC.