Customer Service 866.965.0400

Product Use List: What and When

Pugsly14

Question

Please let me know if this is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But not knowing exactly what search terms to use,

Being a novice, I’ve read just about every post and review and watched all the Adams videos I could. But With soooo much info, it’s gets very confusing to remember which products do what and when to use them. I couldn’t find a complete list. I had to piece together various threads and product listings.

Sometimes I simply want to know “what other products besides detail spray can I use to help dry?”  I would have to search multiple threads 

I was hoping to put together a list that can be easily and quickly referenced with both official name and the abbreviation often used, and any other pertinent BASIC info: application method, etc

I’m only adding the very few examples I can remember and figure out, but am hoping this great community can add to it so in the end, there’s a fairly complete list. 

This is just a start. Please post additions. Feel free to suggest new categories

Examples: (Products can be in multiple categories).

Pre Wash/Soak

BS(?)=Bug Spray

WW=Waterless Wash

General Washing

CS=Car Shampoo (Foam Cannon/Gun, Bucket Wash)

UF=Ultra Foam (Foam Cannon/Gun, Bucket Wash)

MF=Mega Foam (Foam Cannon/Gun, Bucket Wash)

Special Washing

WC(?)=Wash + Coat.  Ceramic infused Shampoo. Use on either coated or uncoated vehicle (Foam Cannon/Gun, Bucket Wash)

SW(?)=Strip Wash. Strip Existing Wax/Polish/Sealants (Foam Cannon/Gun, Bucket Wash)

????=Wash & Wax. Enhances wax or sealant protection in between full details (Foam Cannon/Gun, Bucket Wash)

Drying Aids (Spray on wet vehicle to assist drying ability and/or add some level of protection)

DS=Detail Spray

HGG=H2O Guard and Gloss

WW=Waterless Wash

CWW= Ceramic Waterless Wash

CB=Ceramic Boost

Ceramic Coating Application 

CSC=Ceramic Spray Coating

CPW(?)= Ceramic Paste Wax

CLW(?)=Ceramic Liquid Wax

Ceramic Coating Maintenance 

CB=Ceramic Boost (Monthly)

CWW=Ceramic Waterless Wash (Weekly)

HGG=H2O Guard and Gloss

Non-Ceramic Coatings

BW=Buttery Wax

BG=Brilliant Glaze

PS(?)=Paint Sealant

SW(?)=Spray Wax

APW(?)=Americana Paste Wax

Claying

????=Clay Mitt

????=Visco Clay Bar

????=Fine Grade Clay Bar

Claying Lubricants

DS=Detail Spray

CS=Car Shampoo

THIS IS JUST A START. If I got stuff wrong, let me know (I’m just a beginner). I’ll add to the list as suggestion or edits are mentioned.  

5 answers to this question

Thanks for starting this. Depending on how it goes we may consolidate into an existing thread as there's already an acronym thread. We do need to update them at some point, though, as products continue to be added to the lineup.

Ahhhh.   Yes.  I would have not searched acronym expansion. But thanks for pointing that out.  But maybe the list of uses has not been done????????????

Edited by Pugsly14

I do agree that it would be helpful to have the list updated, thank you @Pugsly14 for taking this initiative.  While we probably shouldn't add it to the list, my wife's favorite product is "CR".   CR stands for Chris aka @falcaineer Recommended, which automatically means that I should have it and use it on the wife's vehicle.  

The two that I would recommend adding to the list are:

EAPC = Eco All Purpose Cleaner

EWC = Eco Wheel Cleaner

Edited by RayS