Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from South Florida (with pics)

Joey11

Hi everyone.  I've been using different Adams products for quite a while now, love them.  some of my favorites are the detail spray for touch up between washes and the h20 G&G which is also a great product.  current dd is a 19 widebody scat pack in b5 blue... once I'm brave enough I'm going to stip all the wax (ive been using caranuba which is great but doesn't last very long) and maybe attempt the ceramic spray coating that I just got from Adams... otherwise I'm going to just start using at least a synthetic type wax just get better longevity.. here's my current b5 just after one of the first waxes...

294891395_9.8.19b5(2).thumb.JPG.adb5e496a7a9f750c59fc7faa3543d75.JPG

Edited by Joey11

• Joey11 changed the title to Hello from South Florida (with pics)

Thanks guys... hopefully we get some good weather and during holiday break so I can work on a coat of something lol...  I also just bought my son a black car slightly pre owned and it's in need of a swirl remover/polish so that's going to be my first priority and I'm even more scared of tackling that job... I might just have someone else do it that has experience with a buffer and black paint so I don't make it worse

1 hour ago, Joey11 said:

Thanks guys... hopefully we get some good weather and during holiday break so I can work on a coat of something lol...  I also just bought my son a black car slightly pre owned and it's in need of a swirl remover/polish so that's going to be my first priority and I'm even more scared of tackling that job... I might just have someone else do it that has experience with a buffer and black paint so I don't make it worse

I was terrified at thinking of correcting a car...I watched bunch of videos, read a bunch on this forum and bought a 15mm SK....crazy results for a beginner. I’d say if I could do it its idiot proof.   Id say give it a shot!

36 minutes ago, tlbullet said:

I was terrified at thinking of correcting a car...I watched bunch of videos, read a bunch on this forum and bought a 15mm SK....crazy results for a beginner. I’d say if I could do it its idiot proof.   Id say give it a shot!

interesting.. good to know and thanks.  I might give it a try then... so I suppose I just need the 15MM sk, pads, the correcting polish, and some microfiber towels to buff it out? after that I suppose it needs a coat of wax of some sort to protect it?  guess I can give it a try, would be much easier as I can do this in my garage at my convenience lol...

12 minutes ago, Joey11 said:

interesting.. good to know and thanks.  I might give it a try then... so I suppose I just need the 15MM sk, pads, the correcting polish, and some microfiber towels to buff it out? after that I suppose it needs a coat of wax of some sort to protect it?  guess I can give it a try, would be much easier as I can do this in my garage at my convenience lol...

Depending on the condition of the paint and your personal preference, you may need more then the FP, you may need to use the correcting polish and/or Heavy correcting polish with color coordinated pads.   All just as easy to use and not screw up.  I have a black car as well. Results were to my liking. 
 You would then want to lock in the shine with some sort of sealant/wax.  I prefer Ceramic paint coating....may switch over to the Ceramic spray coating next year....but Id recommended the Ceramic Paste Wax.   Very easy to use and long lasting.  There are many other was options that Adams offers but those are the ones I’ve used.  Good luck!

Hi Joel, That's a good looking blue and for me to compliment a blue, it has to be good.   The references have given you some good feedback. My recommendation is rather simple, make sure you have two days that you can dedicated to the car the first time around.  Don't try to do too much or do it too fast, just take your time and when you get tired, take a break and in the end you'll have a job you can really be proud of.   

After the first round, you'll understand the prep required and know what it will take the next time, which will be less and by the third time, you'll be an ace.

2 hours ago, RayS said:

Hi Joel, That's a good looking blue and for me to compliment a blue, it has to be good.   The references have given you some good feedback. My recommendation is rather simple, make sure you have two days that you can dedicated to the car the first time around.  Don't try to do too much or do it too fast, just take your time and when you get tired, take a break and in the end you'll have a job you can really be proud of.   

After the first round, you'll understand the prep required and know what it will take the next time, which will be less and by the third time, you'll be an ace.

thanks Ray, appreciate your comments and everyone's advice.. this seems to be a great place and source for help.

17 hours ago, tlbullet said:

@Joey11 is that the 797hp engine??

unfortunately no... the 707/797 is the hellcat and redeye... they look the same with more power but the cat alone is about $25k more than mine ... only difference is mine is 485HP not 707HP.  it's my 3rd scat pack and they are great... 485 is plenty for me and what I can do so I opted to save the 25k to go a little faster : )

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Welcome to the forum Joel!   Very nice ride.  Don't be afraid of the Ceramic Spray Coating.  Watch the videos, follow the steps, and hit it.  You'll be amazed how easy it is to use as long as you prep properly.  

Thanks. I might try it on my son's charger... it's black and needs some correction for swirls etc.  so, I'm thinking of getting the 15MM SK, some correcting polish, and then maybe finish with the ceramic spray? is this a good combo?  As for my blue baby... it's loaded with wax so rather than start again, I might just leave it be as the paint underneath is perfect and it's got at least 3 coats of wax not to mention some h20 G&G, hate to strip all that off LOL...  but the black one I think I'm going to take the plunge and try it myself.. I did just see in IG that a new SK 15MM is coming soon? should I wait for this or no real difference?

although if the black one comes out really good, maybe after wards before doing the next wax, I'll give the ceramic a shot on mine... the adams strip wash should remove all wax and then just prep spray and ceramic spray after, correct?

last question sorry.. for the orange pad and correcting polish, would I only need 1 pad as I see they are a bit expensive... in other words, will one pad with black be ok to use for the entire car or does it need to be switched to a new one half way through?

27 minutes ago, Joey11 said:

unfortunately no... the 707/797 is the hellcat and redeye... they look the same with more power but the cat alone is about $25k more than mine ... only difference is mine is 485HP not 707HP.  it's my 3rd scat pack and they are great... 485 is plenty for me and what I can do so I opted to save the 25k to go a little faster : )

Pretty sure 485 is plenty!!  I would need new tires monthly if that was my

car! 

1 hour ago, Joey11 said:

although if the black one comes out really good, maybe after wards before doing the next wax, I'll give the ceramic a shot on mine... the adams strip wash should remove all wax and then just prep spray and ceramic spray after, correct?

It's highly recommended to decontaminate with clay bar and Iron remover, then polish to what level the vehicle needs (Revive Hand Polish is great is your finish is near perfect), and then Surface Prep, and  then Ceramic Spray Coating

54 minutes ago, Joey11 said:

last question sorry.. for the orange pad and correcting polish, would I only need 1 pad as I see they are a bit expensive... in other words, will one pad with black be ok to use for the entire car or does it need to be switched to a new one half way through?

I would recommend having multiple pads. Also with black paint, many people find it especially beneficial to follow the orange Correcting Polish with the white Finishing Polish and white pads.

2 hours ago, Joey11 said:

.. I did just see in IG that a new SK 15MM is coming soon? should I wait for this or no real difference?

Maybe with a new machine coming out the current ones will be on sale? 

And I am with Juan - when you are buying polishing pads buy at least 2 of each color/type.  But you only one need one sealant pad, if you are looking at those. 

Welcome, Joel! Beautiful car. I'd recommend either the Ceramic Spray Coating and/or Ceramic Paste Wax. I'll PM you some pics of the latter on black... amazing results. Keep in mind Adam's has a polisher rental program if buying one isn't in the cards right now. And with all the videos and help you'll get here, you can do it. I promise!

20 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Welcome, Joel! Beautiful car. I'd recommend either the Ceramic Spray Coating and/or Ceramic Paste Wax. I'll PM you some pics of the latter on black... amazing results. Keep in mind Adam's has a polisher rental program if buying one isn't in the cards right now. And with all the videos and help you'll get here, you can do it. I promise!

thank you. I'll see what happens with the black car.. and I think I'll attempt the ceramic spray on mine over the holidays.. by then the wax should be worn away and then I'll strip wash, use the prep spray, and then the spray coating...