Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior Protection Paste

UofAZCats

Question

Got some of the wax like Interior Protection Paste and wanted to give it a try.  First can't seem to find a firm definitive answer on whether it can be only used on leather or whether it can be used on the non-leather plastics as well.  When I opened the tube up the applicator was soaked with a liquid which appears to have separated out from the paste.  I used the soaked applicator to cover my drivers side chair and it was wet/slick.  As I worked though the applicator dried out and I used more of the solid paste which went on very dry.  Took more to cover an area with the drier paste to the point I worried about putting on too much.  In the end I wiped all the surfaces down again to even it out and it looks fine.  Any one else have a different experience with this stuff or have any advice for what worked for them with this stuff?  I love the concept because I enjoy washing the outside more than I do the inside but I certainly do not want my leather seats to degrade.

3 answers to this question

I use it primarily on leather interior surfaces only, and apply the Leather Dressing to the non leather areas inside the vehicle. Neither on carpet or fabric upholstery of course. You'd be okay to apply it to all no carpeted/upholstered surfaces inside the vehicle though. If it seems too glossy/greasy to you on the plastics, or has high spots after 24 hours or so even everything out with an Edgeless Utility Towel. It sounds like your pot of the Interior Paste had separated some, are you in a warm climate? Warmer temps make it incredibly soft, and tough for me to not put too much on the applicator. I store mine in the refrigerator to keep it from separating, and store the applicator cleaned and dried outside the pot.

I live in Florida but just got it for Christmas.  While Florida is typically warmer it has not been that warm the past 2 months.  The paste itself was hard though not soft.  That was why I was worried about putting the paste on since it was not so easy to spread.  It wasn't especially cold out when I applied it but it sounds like I should leave it in the sun for a little bit to let it warm up if it is not soft.

I'd rather used it when it's cold, right out of the refrigerator. When paste's cold and hard, I don't get as much in the applicator. When it's at room temp I'll get so much in the applicator I can squeeze product out of it by the time I've finished. That's quite a waste of product to be washing down the drain.