Customer Service 866.965.0400

Why do I have lots of shampoo residue?

KingCone24

Question

So I have used the Ultra Foam Shampoo and the Wash and Coat and they have both left behind residue. On both labels it specifically says it will leave no streaks or residue and that it’s safe to use on direct sunlight. Am I doing something wrong? I use it in the two bucket method and my foam cannon.

8 answers to this question

Honestly I have never had a problem on a coated or non coated vehicle.  Is the residue after rinsing?  Are you using hose or pressure washer?  What sort of protection on vehicle?  Pics are usually best also, if you have any.

Residue before rinsing, well yea, there will be.

Are you washing the entire vehicle, then rinsing the entire vehicle? If that's how your doing it, some may be drying on the paint leaving the residue behind. A little Detail Spray on a non Ceramic Coated vehicle or CS3 on a Ceramic Coated one while you dry will take care of any residue left behind.

Seeing that you are in Alabama, you may be getting some of the same weather I deal with in South Carolina.  I've found that if start in the early morning, start on the shade side of the vehicle, got the to sunny side foaming the vehicle, then immediately starting the two bucket wash and rinse on the sunny side.  The Sunny side is always the last foamed, first rinsed and that has prevented most of the residue from sticking.  Rarely have I had a problem with residue on the shady side unless it has been very hot and I was working slow.

1 hour ago, Nickfire20 said:

Honestly I have never had a problem on a coated or non coated vehicle.  Is the residue after rinsing?  Are you using hose or pressure washer?  What sort of protection on vehicle?  Pics are usually best also, if you have any.

It’s before rinsing and the residue stays on after I try to rinse. I’m using a pressure washer. Ceramic coating for my protection. 

13 hours ago, PacificNWBuckeye said:

I get a slight residue if the soap dries on the surface, does not rinse off fully, but as mentioned above some detail spray during drying knocks it right off and has seemed to cause no adverse effects.

I get this too.  Best way to fix it (a big thanks to Chris T. for this) is to wash the vehicle and leave the soap on the surface.  Once the whole car is done, dunk the mitt back in the wash bucket and resoap the car - I usually can do 1/2 the car, then reload the mitt and finish.  This will reactivate the soap, allowing it to rinse off.  I then follow up by spritzing each panel with Detail Spray and drying it.