Customer Service 866.965.0400

Matte wheel water spots

5.3Ecotec

Question

Need some advice in regards to my black matte wheels. I have stubborn water spots that will not go away. Wheels had been treated with ceramic boost about every 3 washes or so. Today tried to clean them real good with some matte wheel cleaner from another brand, then I coated them with csc. The spots are still there and it is frustrating me. Any insight how to remove the csc and how to get the spots off the wheels? Clay and polish is out of the question as they are matte.

7 answers to this question

My suggestion would be a strong wheel cleaner; over and over, and over again to slowly degrade the CSC; Wheel Cleaner, or Wheel & Tire Cleaner. Or live with them the way they are through the summer.

I am thinking that the spots shouldn't be too deep since you have used Ceramic Boost on them.

I have had good luck with our old Revive or our New Hand polish, I don't believe it will make them too shiny. Maybe try a spot too see.

Keep us posted.

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/exterior-polishing-liquids/products/adam-s-revive-fine-hand-car-polish

When it comes to matte wheels or surfaces it is hard to remove stains once they are on there.  Matte surfaces are not to be polished as that will remove the matte look just as you experienced.  In some cases one has to live with it.  

Yea, the Revive and Hand Polish will add gloss. Be careful with clay, it could bring some gloss too. The Ceramic Spray Coating should have left some gloss. Pay attention to the gloss and current hydrophobic properties of the wheels, and when it changes the CSC should be gone. Before applying any Ceramic product the surface you're applying it to has to be the way you want it to be, because there's not much you can do to the surface until the coating is gone. What ever's under the coating is locked in. I treat a set of matte black wheel with only Matte Detailer.

Thanks, I tried getting them taken care of before costing, but nothing seemed to work. I have tried mdr, matte paint cleanser, matte wheel cleaner. Thanks for you help. I guess I will wait for the scs to wear down then try again.