Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Jaguar

RayS

I had a Jaguar F-Pace, R Sport dropped off Friday night for a correction and coating, plus get the leather conditioned.   The vehicle itself is a 2017 that I do not believe ever had a two bucket wash, yet saw a plethora of automatic car washes.   

I start on it Friday evening with a strip wash which resulted in leaving the body feeling like sandpaper. Next up was the Iron Remover washed off and then in the garage to get clayed.   Once the vehicle was clayed, I turned by attention to the interior.  The interior itself was clean, it just needed conditioning to get it looking good and some moisture into the leather.  I did one round of Leather Conditioner Friday night and another round Saturday night.  The interior looked good and felt good this morning (Sunday) and it most certainly smelled good.

The exterior had more swirls and micro-scratches than I could have imagined possible, then again being black, it might be that they were just that much more visible.   Ignoring the left over gunk from claying, if you look around the light reflection, you can see all the micro-scratches.  Since it wasn't in real bad shape, I decided to do a test section with Scratch and Swirl remover.  This was my first test with the product and I have to say that I was impressed and did the entire vehicle with it and Orange pads.  There were a few deeper scratches and the Scratch and Swirl remover did a good job them also.   Once I completed the vehicle with the Scratch and Swirl remover, I started with Finishing Polish and White pads.

Once the polishing was complete, I went over the vehicle with the Surface Prep and then put on the Spray Coating.   I let it sit overnight and applied Ceramic Boost early this morning and sent it down the road.   In all, I spent about 14 hours on this and my son-in-law added another 4 hours.   Did I mention that I did this for free?  That's right, I did not charge anything for the pleasure of getting to do the vehicle.  In fact, I did not even disown my daughter for trading in her Red Range Rover for a Black Jaguar only because it has a Red accented interior.  The dealers are hungry and she got an excellent deal.

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

Edited by RayS

11 hours ago, BRZN said:

Scratch & Swirl Remover? By hand or machine?

Looks awesome.

Absolutely by machine and it my arms were whipped by the time I was done.  The test spot was done by hand and it proved to be effective.  However, given that I have a Swirl Killer, I didn't even consider doing it all by hand. 

2 hours ago, TGHaworth said:

Looks nice, but the RR for the Jag? She needs a stern talking to!

The F-Pace is made on the same assemble line as he Range Rover Velar which is a big step up from the RR Evoque.  In fact many of the parts have the RR and Jag emblems on them.  The big difference is the finish and overall cost.  The wife and I looked at and really liked the Velar, nicely equipped was in the upper-70's.  The F-Pace was in the mid-60's.