Customer Service 866.965.0400

Q: Best handheld vacuum for light to moderate cleanup?

ADG

Question

Q: What is the best handheld vacuum in your experience?
I am looking for an affordable vacuum for light to moderate cleanup inside the vehicle.

I'm looking at these two from Lowe's 
1. BLACK+DECKER 10.8-Volt Cordless Handheld Vacuum
2. BLACK+DECKER 10.8-Volt Cordless Handheld Vacuum (cheaper)

What do you suggest?
Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

16 answers to this question

Hi there, apologies but we had to remove your links there. Direct-linking to competitor products is not permitted on this forum.

I would recommend a vacuum with some type of flexible hose though, as that will allow you to get into much tighter areas for vacuuming than most handheld vacuum options. For detailing at home, I prefer a larger plug-in vacuum so that I'm not swapping and recharging batteries as much, but a small handheld vacuum is great for car shows, cruises, etc.

41 minutes ago, Dan@Adams said:

Hi there, apologies but we had to remove your links there. Direct-linking to competitor products is not permitted on this forum.

I would recommend a vacuum with some type of flexible hose though, as that will allow you to get into much tighter areas for vacuuming than most handheld vacuum options. For detailing at home, I prefer a larger plug-in vacuum so that I'm not swapping and recharging batteries as much, but a small handheld vacuum is great for car shows, cruises, etc.

I am so sorry. I will not direct link again.

Great points! 
Dan@Adams you are awesome.  You make suggestions that I don't quite think about.
Thank you!

I have a small 2.5 gallon canister wet/dry vacuum that works great.  It is small enough to be able to move around the vehicle, take outside if needed, do large SUV's and yet it is large enough that is has plenty of power and doesn't overheat.   The one drawback is that the hose that came with it is about 10 feet and needs to be 15 feet. 

I have the barrel vacuum as well  and it's a nice addition to my garage.  It's not so powerful that you can get it stuck to  your carpet and can't get it off without shutting off the machine, but it does the work.  For car shows, I've never dragged along a vacuum, but Black and Decker used to (probably still does) make a Dust Buster and I see a lot of those at shows. 

Dewalt 20v I keep behind the seat of my wrecker. I can't stand dirt around my feet. It isn't the strongest in the world but I use it daily keeping the sand off of the WeatherTecs and I have to charge it or slap a new battery pack in about once a month 

On 5/25/2020 at 7:23 PM, RayS said:

I have a small 2.5 gallon canister wet/dry vacuum that works great.  It is small enough to be able to move around the vehicle, take outside if needed, do large SUV's and yet it is large enough that is has plenty of power and doesn't overheat.   The one drawback is that the hose that came with it is about 10 feet and needs to be 15 feet. 

RayS,
Where did you find this vacuum?

On 5/27/2020 at 2:34 PM, NuNu said:

Dewalt 20v I keep behind the seat of my wrecker. I can't stand dirt around my feet. It isn't the strongest in the world but I use it daily keeping the sand off of the WeatherTecs and I have to charge it or slap a new battery pack in about once a month 

NuNu,

Thank you.
I just got WeatherTech floor lines for my personal vehicle...OMG!  I love them.
This type of vacuum would be great with my floor liners.
Which WeatherTech mats do you have in your wrecker?

53 minutes ago, ADG said:

NuNu,

Thank you.
I just got WeatherTech floor lines for my personal vehicle...OMG!  I love them.
This type of vacuum would be great with my floor liners.
Which WeatherTech mats do you have in your wrecker?

You can coat those - clean thoroughly, then use Ceramic Spray Coating.

8 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

You can coat those - clean thoroughly, then use Ceramic Spray Coating.

What Ceramic Spray Coating?
I have no idea what that is?
For the mats?

I am clueless. I apologize.

3 hours ago, ADG said:

RayS,
Where did you find this vacuum?

My wife bought it for me as a Christmas present and found it on Amazon.  Per the forums rules, since it is not a Adam's item and Adam's has a competing product, I cannot link it .

2 hours ago, ADG said:

For the mats?

The Ceramic Spray Coating works wonder on the WeatherTech and Husky mats.   Here's the link: https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-spray-coating/products/adams-ceramic-spray-coating

The one thing you don't want to do to your mats is use Tire Shine, while it is great for tires, it makes the mats or rubber steps on running boards extremely slippery.  

5 hours ago, ADG said:

For the mats?

@RayS has you covered above. Clean thoroughly, allow to dry, and when you apply it, use a microfiber applicator pad to level it, and let it cure for 4 hours minimum. You'll love the results!

10 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

@RayS has you covered above. Clean thoroughly, allow to dry, and when you apply it, use a microfiber applicator pad to level it, and let it cure for 4 hours minimum. You'll love the results!

Truth! They will clean so easily after being coated

16 hours ago, falcaineer said:

I have never heard of this! 
I will have to try this out.
Can I use them on my floor liners as well?

16 hours ago, NuNu said:

Truth! They will clean so easily after being coated

I learn something new every day from Adam's!  LOL
I can't wait to try this.
Can I use them on my floor liners as well?